PDA

View Full Version : DP 4-in-1 quick-wash

Pages : [1] 2

Ohio Detailing
05-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Wow... this looks amazing - does it truly perform all 4 features it lists as effectively as stand alone products?

Does it achieve the paint luster and clay lubrication through use of silicon?

supercharged
05-18-2008, 08:53 AM
yes, it works well. I have both DP 4-in-1 and Optimum No Rinse. Both work well, although in my clay lube mix I add about 1/3 oz of Poorboy's SS&S or Optimum soap to make it even slicker without drying out the clay bar.
I personally prefer Optimum, because of its higher dilllution ratio. DP does smells better though...

Driven Auto Detail
05-18-2008, 09:32 AM
+1 for ONR. As supercharged said, the higher dillution ratio gives Optimum the nod. Plus, ONR has a fantastic reputation for what it does.

Ohio Detailing
05-18-2008, 09:50 AM
yes, it works well. I have both DP 4-in-1 and Optimum No Rinse. Both work well, although in my clay lube mix I add about 1/3 oz of Poorboy's SS&S or Optimum soap to make it even slicker without drying out the clay bar.
I personally prefer Optimum, because of its higher dilllution ratio. DP does smells better though...

So does Optimum contain more silicon or anything that would be beneficial to the paint slickness and appearance? As far as ingredients, which would you prefer, the Optimum since it doesn't have to be diluted as much?

After hearing from mshu and superc, looks like that's the route I'll be going. Does the Optimum still perform all 4 features? I'm sure it does, just has to be diluted.

ScottB
05-18-2008, 09:51 AM
neither contain silicones to my knowledge, they both have some lubricating agents and glossing agents.

Ohio Detailing
05-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Thanks Killer!

Mike T
05-18-2008, 05:25 PM
+1 for ONR. As supercharged said, the higher dillution ratio gives Optimum the nod. Plus, ONR has a fantastic reputation for what it does.

I agree.

Rsurfer
05-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Wow... this looks amazing - does it truly perform all 4 features it lists as effectively as stand alone products?

Does it achieve the paint luster and clay lubrication through use of silicon?No silicone, ONR has polymers and lubricates.

supercharged
05-19-2008, 09:12 AM
get a gallon of it! It's dillution ratio 1 oz per 2 gallons of water for rinseless wash. 2oz per gallon of water for clay lubricant...little hint, add 1/4-1/3 oz of Optimum car wash soap in this clay mix to make it even slicker without drying out the clay bar...6oz per gallon of water to make a QD.

Ohio Detailing
05-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Supercharged - so the QD ratio would be the heaviest for the ONR? If someone were to do 10oz/gallon - would this equate to better results, or is this a situation where 6oz is truly the best mixture for QD?

Has anyone had experience with Optimum as a QD?

MadOzodi
05-19-2008, 04:08 PM
I use Optimum as a QD. Works well, but remember it doesn't have any gloss enhancers. 10oz/gallon isn't necessary IMO as 6oz/gallon works quite well.

Driven Auto Detail
05-19-2008, 06:45 PM
I've used it every way possible. It does a good job at all tasks. Although, I prefer the new OID as a quick detailer for it's amazing slickness.

Ohio Detailing
05-19-2008, 07:58 PM
What's OID? Are there any all-in-ones or rinseless products that add in brighteners or optical paint enhancers/silicon to the mix since ONR doesn't?

MadOzodi
05-19-2008, 08:01 PM
OID = Optimum Instant Detailer

Just use OID after ONR.

Ohio Detailing
05-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks Mad...