PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for new topic but i need quick answer

Pages : [1] 2

antekaudi
05-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Can i use Meguairs gold class shampoo + conditioner as a lubricant for claybar (claymagic)

?

I am in a process of doing it so i need quick answer.

Thanks

Also should KAIO after polishing and before polishing ?

Thanks

Meghan
05-17-2008, 10:48 AM
I have never used soap but I am sure someone here has, and if you are using a strong polish, I would polish then use AIO.

antekaudi
05-17-2008, 11:19 AM
I am using the soap and it works not bad.

Wash
clay bar
Wash
Kaio
Xmt 2
Xmt1
Kaio
glaze
sealant

Good ?

Ohio Detailing
05-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Gold Class car wash, never tried it - but love the hi-tech wash from their glaze professional line, and also their consumer product Gold Class wax I used way back in high school - but of course I have moved onto greener pastures with DP and Pinnacle - soon, haha! :)

What is everyone's opinion on using a car-wash as lubricant, and the correct dilution proportion?

nitro78
05-17-2008, 12:23 PM
The description for pinnacle poly clay says you can use car wash if you need to. I use the megs quik detailer for about $3 or $4 bottle.

antekaudi
05-17-2008, 12:25 PM
I just put enough gold class in backet so that water becomes slippery when you rub your hands in it.

It works pretty well.

I just fisnished clay bar

And i am moving to KAIO. :)

Oh man its already been 4-5 hours lol.

Thanks for support.

muddy
05-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Can i use Meguairs gold class shampoo + conditioner as a lubricant for claybar (claymagic)

?

I am in a process of doing it so i need quick answer.

Thanks

Also should KAIO after polishing and before polishing ?

Thanks

See if your clay still seems to be in decent shape in a few weeks. Using shampoo can possibly break down clay prematurely.

antekaudi
05-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Clay is only 10$ and i am not gonna use it that often.

The best part is that it removed all overspray i had :)

except the overspray on plastic :(

I tried KAIO and claybar but its still there.

I am using XMT #2 right now and it doesnt seem to remove any swirl marks.

AUDI PAINT IS REALLY HARD lol

Meghan
05-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Keep going, don't give up! For Audi paint if its in bad shape, you might need a stronger polish or a stronger pad.

oldmodman
05-17-2008, 02:53 PM
See if your clay still seems to be in decent shape in a few weeks. Using shampoo can possibly break down clay prematurely.

Using car wash soap ruined my clay bars. After trying soap as a lubricant I went back to Quick Detailer and never had another problem.

svtsupremecy
05-17-2008, 08:29 PM
ive used meguires car wash soap (purple bottle) to claybar my car and it worked fine, use a 1/2 capful in a spray bottle. I dont know about you guys but I only use a small piece of clay and i never intend on ever using that same piece more then once. I know I pick up small rock particles around wheel wells or behind the front and rear tires...so instead paying for clay lube, i just use that $ on more clay.

antekaudi
05-17-2008, 08:32 PM
OMG

I am done.

I removed about 50% of swirl marks but the car look SO MUCH BETTER.

MY clearcoat is way to hard for xmt #2.

I started 9 am and i fisnied 9:30 PM ...

I am gonna do review tomorrow because today i am very tired.

I just need someone to answer my question.

I just applied UPGP and after 5 mins its started raining a little.

What should i do ?

Thank you omg i am dead man.

antekaudi
05-18-2008, 08:11 AM
I woke up today and i have a lot of water spots.

I went over with KAIO and everything is gone.

Does it mean that UPGP and Glaze are gone to ?

Do i need to apply glaze and UPGP again ?

or just UPGP

budman3
05-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Yes the AIO most likely removed the glaze and UPGP. If the car still looks good try to remember the difference in appearance after you applied the glaze yesterday from today. If you think the glaze will add to the finish, apply another coat and then do the UPGP. If you think the vehicle looks just as good then the UPGP may still be on the paint and just apply another layer. But the KAIO is a strong chemical polish and chances are the glaze and UPGP are gone.

TOGWT
05-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Detailers Clay Lubricant:
The critical safety factor is adequate lubrication; most clay retailers supply their detailing spray (QD) as a lubricant, the problem with many of them is that they contain some form of solvent or alcohol, which may cause the clay to dry out. To provide sufficient lubrication the surface must be thoroughly saturated, problem is that a solvent dries out the clay, which could cause surface marring or cause it to disintegrate, or breakdown and become soft leaving streaks on the paint surface.

Some car wash concentrates will also cause some of the same problems due to the synthetics, detergents and / or solvents used.

To ensure adequate surface lubrication and avoid surface marring use a product (Optimum No Rinse (ONR) - that contains a surfactant to ensure that any dirt/grit / metal debris is encapsulated and held in suspension and can be rinsed away

The best way to describe the proper method for using detailer clay is to use plenty of the lubricant and aquaplane the clay bar over the surface in straight-line motions. A mild liquid soap (Woolite™) works as a lubricant and is gentle enough that it will not adversely affect either the clay, vehicle paint or trim using a 5:1 solution of distilled water / Woolite™. As an alternative use a 16:1 solution of distilled water and a pH suitable car wash concentrate (Zaino Z-7 Show Car Wash, pH7.0) in a 16 ounce spray bottle, a lubricant made for clay Zymol Lehm-Lube 2 as it contains glycerine