PDA

View Full Version : Edge adapter FLEX conversions are available

Pages : [1] 2

OCDetails
05-16-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm sure this will be a product that Autogeek carries once they are able to get ahead of production on them, but as of now you can send your FLEX backing plate to them and they'll convert it for about $37 bucks shipped back to you. Now that is a sweet deal!

I've had the same problems that others have reported. My backing plate rubbed against the housing and gummed up the gear and put a nice track in the back of the backing plate. I called Powerhouse to get a replacement plate sent and asked that they just send it directly to the Edge for conversion. I should have the new one in a week or so. :) I'm excited because I think this will solve all my problems. The way that the Edge adapter works with this machine is to center it in the middle of the gear and backing plate. This avoids putting any pressure on the outside track at all and eliminating the possibility of rubbing. Not only do I get to start using my Edge pads with my FLEX, but I also don't have to worry about it burning up the backing plate and spitting black plastic all over the place.

Here is the idea with the backing plate.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/flexconversion.jpg

I think that will solve a ton of problems with the FLEX. Does anyone at Autogeek have any information about when you'll be able to start carrying this adapter?

Meghan
05-16-2008, 01:49 PM
I think that will solve a ton of problems with the FLEX. Does anyone at Autogeek have any information about when you'll be able to start carrying this adapter?

Edge is currently not selling them to retailers yet, but you can get them directly from Edge.

pt91
05-16-2008, 05:00 PM
i wonder if they can rework one of the older backing plates?

The Edge
05-16-2008, 07:55 PM
i wonder if they can rework one of the older backing plates?

Yes we can rework any Flex plate as long as the gear is in good shape.

The Edge
05-16-2008, 07:56 PM
I am curious does this take only E2K adapter or it will take E3K too.

E3k is only the industrial adapter for high speed rotary machines. This is a special modifled E2K adapter that is left hand threaded to fit and work on the Flex conversion only.

dennish
05-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Yes we can rework any Flex plate as long as the gear is in good shape.

Can we send our plate to you and get it convert and returned? If so what would be the cost? Also, what we the turn around time be?

rwisejr
05-19-2008, 07:38 AM
All I can say is that it is one sweet adapter for a great machine. Fortunatly I was able to purchase one of the few completed units and It works flawlessly.

pt91
05-19-2008, 04:04 PM
i am mailing one of my flex plates in for the conversion tmrw.

m4gician
05-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Will there be some sort of pad/adaptor combo to entice me from switching from velcro pads?

Torsion Tool
05-24-2008, 12:18 PM
As one who waited until the bugs were fixed I am hopeful that I will order a Flex DA soon. Is this the correct procedure: buy a machine from AG then send it to Aaron @ The Edge for a retrofit of the bp with a modified E2K adapter after which it can use the E2K pads? Does this mean that the E2K pads then will work best with the Flex or must I buy another pad system for maximum benefit? Hope not as I prefer to keep the E2Ks, but will do what's required to get the most from the machine and polishing sessions.

Atlas
05-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Does the Edge backing plate change the "forced" rotation of the Flex or alter its movement/polishing action in any way?

Seems like a great addition to the Flex. How long do you anticipate it will be until one can be ordered directly with out having to send our original? Anticipated cost for same, in case I missed it?

Thanks. :cheers:

rwisejr
05-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Does the Edge backing plate change the "forced" rotation of the Flex or alter its movement/polishing action in any way?

Seems like a great addition to the Flex. How long do you anticipate it will be until one can be ordered directly with out having to send our original? Anticipated cost for same, in case I missed it?

Thanks. :cheers:

No it is the Flex plate converted to work with the edge system

Waxmax
05-29-2008, 08:39 AM
This may have been answered before, but will Flex still honor their warranty when using the modified BP?

MadOzodi
05-29-2008, 12:29 PM
This may have been answered before, but will Flex still honor their warranty when using the modified BP?

see below

Waxmax
05-30-2008, 08:55 AM
I agree = No warranty coverage, unless Edge enters an agreement with Flex.