PDA

View Full Version : which should be first

Pitch Black
05-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Okay fellow detailing nuts. :cheers:

Here I am again asking for your help. I have never used Plexus but I finally did buy a container of it to use on my 3M Bra. I would like to use the Plexus to see about removing a rubber mark from a piece of tire that I hit on the interstate a few weeks ago. I also would like to apply polish to the car this weekend. It sounds like good weather for detailing this weekend in Tennessee. Since I have never used Plexus I’m not sure if I should apply the polish and then the Plexus. Or use the Plexus and then apply the polish to the 3M material. I’m thinking the Plexus first.

Can anyone give me some advice?

ScottB
05-17-2008, 07:46 AM
Plexus is a plastic/lexan protectant with a little power. Can be used over the 3M for protection, but not really a paint polish. Use the polish first on paint specifically. Plexus rocks for headlamps and tailamps and tinted windows too.

Pitch Black
05-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Hey Killrwheels!! Nice ride. Do you belong to the vette forum? I was thinking of applying the Plexus to the 3M Bra and then applying polish over the 3M Bra as well. Have you ever used Plexus? I believe the 3M material has saved the nose on my C5. I now have it on the TSX as well. The guy that installed the 3M recommended Plexus but I know little about it. I wouldn't stop with just the application of the Plexus on the 3M.

ScottB
05-18-2008, 10:05 AM
I use Plexus on my headlamps, taillamps, tinted windows and such religiously. It worked super well on my previous C5 Lexan top too. I have heard from numerous 3M users that Plexus is the greatest. Simple product, with buff on and off.

I am on the Corvetteforum, and several others (Crossedflags) too. When I aligned with AG in 02 I became killrwheels@autogeek versus just killrwheels. I didnt want anyone to think I was a hidden shill.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Sep30_03.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSCF0087.jpg

Pitch Black
05-20-2008, 12:57 PM
I thought I had seen the same pic. of a black C6 on the vette forum. I use to spend a lot more time on the forums. Now it seems like I don't have much time. I really miss the interaction. I'm not around any folks that enjoy cars and detailing the way I do. I get a lot of comments about the C5. My vette forum name is EbonyFantasy. I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't posted in ages. Sorry...i realize this post has gotten:offtopic:.

Thank you for the information on the Plexus. It didn't remove the rubber mark. I'm thinking the rubber scuffed the 3M Bra. The Plexus really made the 3M surface more slick though.