PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang 3.0 review

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

101impala
05-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Hello All,

I had a chance to try out the new Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0. First let me say thanks to AG for letting me try it out and let you all know what I thought about it.

I used it on my daily driver, a 2001 Chevy Impala LS. I had some cleaning up to do on it so I washed it using the two bucket method first, clayed with Meg's Professional Detailing Clay(blue), went over it with M83 and then M80 using a porter cable 7424 and a Meguiars W8006 polishing pad.

I then moved on to the new 3.0. WOW! This stuff goes on like butter. I applied it using my PC and a Meguiars W9006 finishing pad. It goes on smooth and comes off even easier. I allowed it to dry for about 15 minutes before removing, and used the swipe test to be sure it was indeed dry. I removed it using the Miracle MF towel. The gloss and reflection are deep and crystal clear. The finish is smoother than it has ever been before. It does have some "filling" capabilities also, which is good. If you haven't tried it yet, I would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone. I will keep you updated as to longevity of the product in the next few weeks.

Here is a couple of pictures. Enjoy!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_0270_1_.jpg
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_0272_1_.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Andy
101impala

budman3
05-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks for your review. The pictures look nice. Would you be able to keep this thread updated with pictures over time and monitor the sealants performance? Also, any beading pictures after a few weeks would also be cool to see. Thanks

101impala
05-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Thanks for your review. The pictures look nice. Would you be able to keep this thread updated with pictures over time and monitor the sealants performance? Also, any beading pictures after a few weeks would also be cool to see. Thanks

Sure will. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated. I will take some pictures of beading after the cure time.

Andy

julian
05-13-2008, 07:18 PM
your imp sure looks WOW!
and that's without wax!
:buffing:

101impala
05-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Hello All,

Just wanted to provide an update on the new Wolfgang 3.0 Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. It has been a week now. My car has been parked out in the elements 24/7, including at a trucking terminal where I work. I cannot tell you how much dust flies around when 18 wheelers are going past your car. So, after 500 miles and being parked outside all the time I decided to take a couple of pictures. We got about an inch of rain during the week. I decided to take some pictures of the water beading off the car treated with the 3.0. Yes, I was out in the rain taking pics of my car. It is OK because most of my neighbors already think I am nuts! I am sure you know the feeling!

Enjoy

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/002.JPG

101impala
05-17-2008, 05:07 PM
One more of water beads. I really like this product, and will keep you updated.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/001_1_.jpg

101impala
05-17-2008, 05:08 PM
How about a little reflection?????

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_0274_1_.jpg

wytstang
05-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Very nice I like the uniform bead shot.

101impala
05-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Very nice I like the uniform bead shot.

Thanks. I will wait a little longer and take a couple of more pictures to look more at the durability of the product.

Andy

supercharged
05-19-2008, 09:17 AM
I used the original Wolfgang, and did like the look it gives...durability needed improvement though...with polycharger it's probably fixed now...

101impala
05-27-2008, 10:35 PM
I used the original Wolfgang, and did like the look it gives...durability needed improvement though...with polycharger it's probably fixed now...

I have to say. I am starting to wonder about the durability now also. The shine is still there but I do not have the beading or sheeting action that I had 2 weeks in. This is after 2 washes. It has been exactly 14 days. I will try to get some more pictures and post them over the coming weekend.

Andy
101impala

Bridges
06-01-2008, 07:44 PM
I have to say. I am starting to wonder about the durability now also. The shine is still there but I do not have the beading or sheeting action that I had 2 weeks in. This is after 2 washes. It has been exactly 14 days. I will try to get some more pictures and post them over the coming weekend.

Andy
101impala

Just curious here, what did you use for your two washes and how much soap to water was used ? Not diluted right will strip your lsp. I think this is what happened to me the other day.

supercharged
06-02-2008, 12:16 PM

Andy
101impala
Just wanna make sure it's an improvement. Keep and eye on it and let me know. If it won't bead, it should sheet.

101impala
06-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Just curious here, what did you use for your two washes and how much soap to water was used ? Not diluted right will strip your lsp. I think this is what happened to me the other day.

I use Meguiars Gold Class soap. It was diluted correctly.

Andy

101impala
06-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Just wanna make sure it's an improvement. Keep and eye on it and let me know. If it won't bead, it should sheet.

Hey Supercharged,

I'm not really sure what happened at last post. I didn't get a chance to do anything over the weekend as far as car care goes. It averaged about 97 degrees in Philadelphia over the weekend with a heat index over 105 and the heat is not supposed to break until tomorrow evening. However, the last time we got heavy rain it did bead pretty nicely. Actually after the car was sitting out in the rain and I got finished with work, the water just rolled up off of the whole hood and off of the car.

Andy