PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang 3.0 review

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Bunky
05-29-2015, 06:43 AM
Wolfgang is pretty giving on application. I would not try to very large areas (like an entire hood) since you will be moving around a lot but something like 1/4 or 1/3 hood, etc. I usually do 3 passes to insure even coverage then move to next area. The pad will build up product so you can kiss the surface in spots to release some of it when starting a new section then dab on a little more to get the even coverage.

After doing the entire car, let it haze some, then I start removing it in the order I applied it. It should pass the swipe test where you can swipe with mf and leave a clear spot.

Be sure to shake well before using.

willieg
05-29-2015, 07:11 AM
Thanks guys. Sounds like different approaches work. Since I apply this product by hand I will probably go with doing larger areas (or whole vehicle). Appreciate your input.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-20-2015, 02:31 PM
Does uber compound need to be followed by TSR for best result?

Follow Über with Finishing Glaze on a white or gray pad depending on how the paint reacts.

Rsurfer
06-20-2015, 02:45 PM
Does Wolfgang 3.0 stain trim?

custmsprty
06-20-2015, 05:52 PM
I do the entire vehicle at one time, then let sit before wiping it off. I have never had an issue with this approach.

:dblthumb2::iagree::dblthumb2::iagree::dblthumb2:: iagree:

I let it sit on the vehicle 45-60 minutes.

J.Kempster
06-20-2015, 09:32 PM
Ok, so TSR is for when less correcting power is needed? And its UC or TSR and not both right?

I have WG Uber, TSR and FG. I have yet to crack the lid on Uber or FG as I am removed quite a bit of defects with the following setup:

Machine - Flex 3401
Speed - 5 then 4 and light pressure for the final section pass
Polish - WG TSR
Pad - Lake Country Hybrid White Polishing Pad

The TSR and white pad remove defects well and finished great. I went straight to the LSP.

Its idea to have all three so you can try the least aggressive method that will allow you to achieve the best results.

For full disclosure, the vehicle I worked on with TSR and went straight to my LSP, it was a daily driver and the owner wasn't willing to pay for a two step, however she was blown away with the results.

Edit: I also performed a test spot first to ensure my pad, product and technique would work and it did. If I was not happy with the results, I would have moved to another test spot area and used Uber with the orange Hybrid pad.

lashedup
06-29-2015, 11:51 AM
So I did a new GTI with this today and the finish is so smooth and glossy. Highlights the orange peel a bit more than I like, but oh well!

Anyway, I went to clean the black buffing pad I used to apply it and despite spraying liberally with XMT pad cleaner (even soaking it for a few minutes) every time I tried to rinse it out and squeeze the pad, it product just oozed out like butter. I have the pad sitting in a bucket of DP pad cleaner right now for an extended soak to see if it helps, but I'm beginning to think this pad might be toast.

I'm guessing I over saturated the pad a bit. Anyone have issues cleaning this up? Thoughts?

Thanks!

-jamie

2012LEGACY
08-12-2015, 04:20 PM
i got the WGdgps3.0 about 5+ months ago and just now used it in the last couple days. i shook it pretty good but not a lot, it came out more 'runny' than the final glaze and swirl remover was.... but it had a consistent texture to it (wasn't separated)

i thought you were supposed to apply in a 2'X2' section, make several passes until the product turned almost clear, then buff that section, then repeat on another section?!?!? seemed to work as it felt pretty slick afterward but i would prefer doing all the car at once and like the thought of it bonding more by letting it sit for a while. (did 2 coats and i am about to apply FUSION coat #1)

timsatx
02-08-2016, 01:39 PM
According to the instructions:

3. Apply Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 over the entire vehicle either by hand or with a machine. If applying by hand, use a yellow foam applicator. If applying by machine, use a blue finessing pad. Using a dual action polisher, set the maximum speed to 4.5 and work in overlapping sections until the entire vehicle is covered. Apply a very thin, even coat.

4. Once the vehicle is covered, wait 30-45 minutes before buffing off the sealant. Use a microfiber towel or a microfiber bonnet on your polisher.

popsspop
04-27-2016, 01:42 AM
Another post asked but therr was no answer. Will 3.0 stain trim/glass/chrome. Will be using soon and really dont want to tape.

Also can it be applied in the sun.
?

Riff
05-12-2016, 03:50 PM
Yes! WGDGPS WILL stain plastic trim.