PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang 3.0 review

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

bcwang
05-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Hmm, I just got my order and it doesn't say 3.0 on the bottle. Did they send the old one by mistake?

TacMedic7248
05-12-2009, 01:59 PM
I just got my order a few minutes ago and am dying to try it out. Can anyone tell me though if the car has to be waxed first? I haven't waxed it since the Fall and I was planning on doing it soon. Should this go on before waxing or after?

bcwang
05-12-2009, 02:17 PM
DGPS would be your "wax". It should go on clean and bare paint.

TacMedic7248
05-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Excellent, that's what I was wondering in my head. Thanks for the help!

buicfrank
05-24-2015, 06:57 PM
Can this be applied over wax and detailer? Frank

Billy Baldone
05-24-2015, 07:00 PM
Wow, 6 years. No, this first, then wax/ detailer if you choose

buicfrank
05-24-2015, 07:24 PM
Thanks Bill. What do you use to get the wax off.

Billy Baldone
05-26-2015, 10:44 AM
Quality microfibers

RMM
05-26-2015, 01:05 PM
Tutankhamun rises again!

Use this:
Wolfgang Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer is absolutely fabulous for producing that elusive, show-ready wet-shine look. This polish actually enhances and (http://www.autogeek.net/wg2000.html)
then this:
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant delivers a deep, wet, liquid shimmer unlike anything you can imagine. (http://www.autogeek.net/wg5500.html)
then, if you need to apply a wax:
Wolfgang Fuzion Estate Car Wax contains real carnauba wax and paint sealant polymers to protect paint. ultimate show car wax, auto wax, paste wax, (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-fuzion-carnauba-polymer-car-wax.html)
To get the wax off:
Super Plush Junior Microfiber Towel, 16 x 16 inches (http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-deluxe-jr--microfiber-towel.html)

buicfrank
05-27-2015, 06:18 PM
Bill what I need is something to put on the car to get the wax and quick detailer off it. Then I will start over again with the sealant. Frank

ugafiredawg
05-27-2015, 09:30 PM
Bill what I need is something to put on the car to get the wax and quick detailer off it. Then I will start over again with the sealant. Frank

Use the WG Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer...it will remove the old waxes and quick detailers.

Read what RMM posted above :props:

Wolfgang Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer is absolutely fabulous for producing that elusive, show-ready wet-shine look. This polish actually enhances and (http://www.autogeek.net/wg2000.html)

98LowRanger
05-27-2015, 10:43 PM
Great review! I actually applied it for the first time this afternoon. I have had the bottle for about 7 months so upon removing the seal I shook the contents up for a few minutes. When I went to add some to my pad it came out VERY runny and separated. So I continued to shake the contents of the bottle, but It never thickened up. When I applied it to the car though it thickened up and seemed to spread thin and evenly fairly easy. Anyone else have this experience? Is it supposed to be very runny and almost separated?

Riff
05-27-2015, 11:29 PM
Great review! I actually applied it for the first time this afternoon. I have had the bottle for about 7 months so upon removing the seal I shook the contents up for a few minutes. When I went to add some to my pad it came out VERY runny and separated. So I continued to shake the contents of the bottle, but It never thickened up. When I applied it to the car though it thickened up and seemed to spread thin and evenly fairly easy. Anyone else have this experience? Is it supposed to be very runny and almost separated?

I've been seeing this a lot lately in different forum posts.

Mine sits for 3 or 4 months at a time and I never have a problem with it. I shake it up for about a minute and it's ready to go.

I wonder if they changed the formula recently to cause this. I got mine about 18 months ago.

willieg
05-29-2015, 06:02 AM
I'm confused about the directions from Wolfgang. Here's what their website says:

Apply Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 over the entire vehicle either by hand or with a machine. If applying by hand, use a yellow foam applicator. If applying by machine, use a blue finessing pad. Using a dual action polisher, set the maximum speed to 4.5 and work in overlapping sections until the entire vehicle is covered. Apply a very thin, even coat.

Once the vehicle is covered, wait 30-45 minutes before buffing. Use a microfiber towel or a microfiber bonnet on your polisher.

The directions on the product bottle says to work in small sections. Which is right? Does it matter?

UglyBetty
05-29-2015, 06:39 AM
I'm confused about the directions from Wolfgang. Here's what their website says:

Apply Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 over the entire vehicle either by hand or with a machine. If applying by hand, use a yellow foam applicator. If applying by machine, use a blue finessing pad. Using a dual action polisher, set the maximum speed to 4.5 and work in overlapping sections until the entire vehicle is covered. Apply a very thin, even coat.

Once the vehicle is covered, wait 30-45 minutes before buffing. Use a microfiber towel or a microfiber bonnet on your polisher.

The directions on the product bottle says to work in small sections. Which is right? Does it matter?

I do the entire vehicle at one time, then let sit before wiping it off. I have never had an issue with this approach.