PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang 3.0 review

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

supercharged
06-10-2008, 01:32 AM
Hey Supercharged,

I'm not really sure what happened at last post. I didn't get a chance to do anything over the weekend as far as car care goes. It averaged about 97 degrees in Philadelphia over the weekend with a heat index over 105 and the heat is not supposed to break until tomorrow evening. However, the last time we got heavy rain it did bead pretty nicely. Actually after the car was sitting out in the rain and I got finished with work, the water just rolled up off of the whole hood and off of the car.

Andy
It's still there, can't be gone after this short period of time with a polycharger.

wytstang
06-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Hey Supercharged,

I'm not really sure what happened at last post. I didn't get a chance to do anything over the weekend as far as car care goes. It averaged about 97 degrees in Philadelphia over the weekend with a heat index over 105 and the heat is not supposed to break until tomorrow evening. However, the last time we got heavy rain it did bead pretty nicely. Actually after the car was sitting out in the rain and I got finished with work, the water just rolled up off of the whole hood and off of the car.

Andy
Sounds like it's still going well, thanks for the update.

101impala
07-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Hello All,

Just wanted to provide an update. It has been almost a full 2 months since I first used the Wolfgang 3.0. I really like this product as the water still is beading off of my car, and it still shines.Im the MAN This even after sitting at the airport for 7 days in the blazing sun with what I am sure would be considered fall out. All that I have done is routine maintenance, like washing and QDing. However, I now feel the need to redo my car. I am doing a clients car this weekend, a white Honda. I can't wait to see the new 3.0 on white!

Thanks again AG for letting me try it out!:righton:

Andy
101impala

bcwang
03-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Just wondering if you have an update on how long the wolfgang 3.0 sealant lasted before finally being all gone.

Also, is there really polycharger in DGPS 3.0? This is the first I heard of that, in this thread.

Matt S.
03-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Yes DGPS 3.0 does have polycharger. :)

bcwang
03-18-2009, 03:31 PM
So I guess there is no point to polycharging DGPS 3.0, which was something I was going to ask if anyone has ever tried.

WilliamSit
05-02-2009, 08:09 AM
I am wondering how was your 3.0 out of the bottle?? i just tried mine today and 2 things come out. clear yellow liquid and yellow paste, is this normal?? that happened no matter how hard i shaked the bottle....

ScottB
05-02-2009, 08:48 AM
always a beautiful , easy to use, and great sealant.

bcwang
05-02-2009, 01:45 PM
I am wondering how was your 3.0 out of the bottle?? i just tried mine today and 2 things come out. clear yellow liquid and yellow paste, is this normal?? that happened no matter how hard i shaked the bottle....

Sounds like it went bad. How long have you had it and what temps did you keep it in? I'm kinda wondering how long the bottle will last, it's such a huge bottle.

WilliamSit
05-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Sounds like it went bad. How long have you had it and what temps did you keep it in? I'm kinda wondering how long the bottle will last, it's such a huge bottle.

I got this order in march 09.....i kept it in a cooler bag along with my wax. i did continue to use it to cover the entire car :(

Blackthorn One
05-02-2009, 08:47 PM
I have the same problem. It was like that when I got it. I shook it 20 or 30 seconds for 4 days straight and it seems to have mixed it better, but it's STILL not completely homogeneous.

bunyz06rabbitt
05-03-2009, 01:38 AM
I'd say it's perfectly fine and normal. Mine did the same from minute 1 right off the delivery truck even with long and aggressive shaking. And that's here in warm and sunny Hawaii. I've applied WG 3.0 Sealant to a (my) black '04 Jaguar S-Type R and layered Fusion on it 12 hours later as suggested on this forum. And water still beads over 6 months later. The product is just unbelievable. My wife drives it to work, it sits outside in an open lot exposed to the hot sun and fine dirt and dust and with a simple wipe down (10-15 minutes) she's back to that freshly waxed look. I do sopping wet wipedowns with a fluffy mitt and dry off with MF's before I use any I.D. on the car.

bcwang
05-03-2009, 02:16 AM
Well since you layered fuzion on it, I'd say it'd be hard to tell if your DGPS was bad or not. It doesn't sound normal for a liquid wax to not be a consistent liquid throughout. If it's not homogeneous then likely some chemicals are more concentrated in some parts of the mix than others, and how could this be good for the intended chemical blend that should be going on the paint? I hope Wolfgang jumps in with an answer.

I had mothers reflections which was a nice lotion consistency for a few years. Then it went bad. When it went bad it was basically much more watery coming out but with paste chunks floating around that were not mixing back with the watery liquid. I tried some and it didn't seem to last at all compared to originally.

In fact, is it possible the freezing conditions that cracked those sub-zero special fuzions, also caused this in DGPS 3.0?

bcwang
05-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Is the DGPS 3.0 bottle supposed to be labeled somehow to know it's the 3.0 version?

wytstang
05-11-2009, 08:52 PM
says on the bottle 3.0
http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/autogeek_2053_43825960