PDA

View Full Version : wanto to try wolfgang sealer

Ridebyshootings
07-23-2006, 06:16 AM
Hello, scooterguitar you there? im thinking of trying the wolfgang sealer. I currently use mostly pinnacle products. What is needed to strip the wax off to apply the wolfgang? Just wash with my pinnacle body shampoo good enough? Then I let it cure in the garagae for 12-24 hours beforwe adding pinnacle polish correct? This is for my blACK PICKUP TRUCK. Thanks for the advise! Andrew in South Carolina

BILL
07-23-2006, 07:08 AM
NOT SURE how scoot would answer this, but if it were me???
i would wash it down with your body shampoo and do a alcohol rub down to be sure wax is off.....but others will tune in......
good luck..........:)

justin_murphy
07-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Or you could just polish it. This will remove anything that is one the paint.
You want to wash....polish....seal....then wax.
This is the correct steps. You only have to let the sealant cure for 24 hours before topping it with a wax.

Jonboy
07-23-2006, 08:11 AM
If you've got the Paint Cleansing Lotion use this after the wash to remove any old wax etc

scooterguitar
07-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Hey Andrew, sorry was at a bike rally last night...tons of custom choppers!
Pretty much what they all said!
If you need ot polish, that will take it all off, if not you can do an alcohol rub or just use a decent paint cleaner.
For the Wolf, you onyl need 12 hours, not 24! If oyu can work it in, one coat 12 hours, and add a second coat wait another 12, then top. If you happen to have Wolf glaze, use that before, really deepens the wetness!