PDA

View Full Version : New Car

trenth15
05-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Hey guys, im new to all of this. I just recently purchased a new black 2008 nissan altima coupe. I was just wondering what to do to keep my paint fresh. Do I need to wax it this soon? Do I need to polish it? What products should I use? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanx.

makdaddy626
05-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Yes, I'd wax it... I'd polish it if it needed it, many, most, new cars do. There are tons of threads on here about how to prep and care for a new car. Search is your friend. ;)

Baracuda
05-12-2008, 12:52 PM
First of all : Congrats on your new car !

Since it's a black car you probably already have some light swirls on it.

The way i would do it :

Wash it (Foam 5min / Rinse / 2 bucket method / Rinse with low pressure)
Dry it using MF Towels and a metro vac blower
Clay it using P Poly clay kit
IF NEEDED : Polish it, you will probably need a light cut polish since the car is new
Prepare it for sealant (Wash it again or use a quick detailer to remove all the polish dust/residue)
Seal it (IMO WF Deep Gloss)
Wax it (P Souveran)

For maintenance just wash it using the above method and wax it every 1.5months with Souveran. Seal it every 4-6 months with WF Deep Gloss

killrflake
05-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Yes, I'd wax it... I'd polish it if it needed it, many, most, new cars do. There are tons of threads on here about how to prep and care for a new car. Search is your friend. ;)
:whs:

A4PITA
05-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Ya, I hear that even if it is new you still have to run a clay bar over it. Takes the stuff out of the paint that the wash will not remove. I used a Meguiars Clay bar. Does anyone use a different brand? I would be open to trying different kinds. Also, who has the best Clay bars for the money?

ScottB
05-12-2008, 05:49 PM
let me give you a little fair warning, from a previous Maxima owner and father currently a GM for Nissan. The paint is light and chips easily. Keep it well protected and use a light polish as possible.

trenth15
05-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Thanks for all the help guys :)