PDA

View Full Version : Computer / Word doc

TOGWT
05-12-2008, 07:00 AM
I need help with formatting a word doc

What is the easiest way to constantly tranfer a large file (4.25 mb) zip - .pdf -CD disc - advice pls.

PM me please

alowe
05-12-2008, 08:45 AM
I have many tech files I am constantly updating. I also need to bring them with me to show/present. I have a 2gb usb flash drive. Seems to work great for me. Every computer these days have USB, as well as some stereo decks in cars.

Surfer
05-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Yeh easiest way would be to get a usb flash drive

raddogz
05-12-2008, 02:09 PM
I concur usb flash drives seem to be the norm, and the most popular.

dengood1
05-12-2008, 08:05 PM
yep, I would have to agree about the flash drive. Pretty soon, hard drives will be flash drives(memory) as well.

TOGWT
05-13-2008, 03:26 AM
Thanks for the help guys.

Book will be available this month - this collection of answers to detailing problems and technical information has been used for about five plus years to answer questions on numerous detailing forums, I then decided to put all the information in a 400 + page book and e-publish it as a definitive guide to automobile detailing, and all this for less than the price of a quality Carnauba wax

Detailing book is now ready as a 4.25MB .pdf file if interested in more info send a PM

dengood1
05-13-2008, 05:42 AM
Glad to hear Jon........good luck. I'm sure you'll unload a LOT of copies!

Chris Thomas
05-13-2008, 12:24 PM
I PM'd you but was gonna let everyone else know too that you can email it to yourself and work on it where ever you can check your email and you won't have to worry about loosing it or remembering to bring it. This comes in very handy at my college. I can just print out my papers before class and use University printers and ink, yeah I'm cheap, LOL!

blacknblu
05-23-2008, 12:45 PM
I PM'd you but was gonna let everyone else know too that you can email it to yourself and work on it where ever you can check your email and you won't have to worry about loosing it or remembering to bring it. This comes in very handy at my college. I can just print out my papers before class and use University printers and ink, yeah I'm cheap, LOL!

:iagree:

I'll go one step further. For a Word Document, I'm assuming there will be quite a few pictures for the size to be around 4 meg. You can PDF the document, thus reducing a little bit of the size, and making it platform independent. Then, you can email it to yourself and access it from any computer regardless if it has Microsoft Word installed. Also, you can forward the email to people, and they don't need Microsoft Word to view the document. Another bonus, you can set the security level on the PDF so that people can only print it (can't copy/paste). Hope this helps...

TOGWT
05-24-2008, 03:52 AM
Thank's blacknblu that's exactly what I've done.A down loadable .pdf format, with file access; once registered you receive a download link and a unique password to access the file

Thanks again

Ohio Detailing
05-24-2008, 06:56 AM
I have used the email it to myself method many times - as a PDF. But, if you don't know you'll have internet connection, I have always used a kaychain flash drive as already mentioned above.

I'm going to send you a PM, thanks! :)