PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Car Wax

emaxxman
07-22-2006, 05:28 PM
Optimum Car Wax
Is this merely a liquid wax in a spray bottle (that I would still have to spread, let haze, and then buff out?) Or is it a spray wax that I merely spray on and wipe off (like a quick detailer?)

I'm currently using NXT liquid along with their NXT spray wax. The spray wax takes me just as long to apply as the NXT liquid. Granted, it's a thinner coat and is more economical.

In the end though, I care more about the time than the cost. In the end, it would be just as fast for me to apply a coat of liquid NXT.

If OCW is not a spray on/wipe off formula, is there any wax that is? Also, how long does OCW last? I was planning on putting it over 2 layers of Klasse SG.

ScottB
07-22-2006, 05:42 PM
it is a spray and wipe wax. No real buffing needed, but I dont find it all that glossy. Kinda sterile ...

scooterguitar
07-22-2006, 05:54 PM
I love it personally! It is one you at least gotta try so you know,

Surfer
07-22-2006, 06:06 PM
Over sealents it looks good, and I've seen it on some blacks vehicles that came out excellent. I tried it over Natty's Blue though and didn't care for it, took away from teh look of NB. Duragloss AW on the other hand looks incredible over Natty's Blue. As Killr said OCW is a spray and wipe type product. I used it to buff off EX-P and topped with Natty's Blue which looked great, just not the other way around.

emaxxman
07-22-2006, 06:20 PM
So what is a good spray and wipe topper for Klasse SG? I plan on using SG. I need something to restore the gloss over SG after each wash. Would I better off with a high gloss QD?

Would Poorboy's Spray and Gloss be a better choice?

scooterguitar
07-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Maybe Qucikshine.

ScottB
07-22-2006, 06:35 PM
So what is a good spray and wipe topper for Klasse SG? I plan on using SG. I need something to restore the gloss over SG after each wash. Would I better off with a high gloss QD?

Would Poorboy's Spray and Gloss be a better choice?

Klasse is a synthetic acrylic based sealant. If you want to stick to acrylic gloss enhancers then Sonus, Werkstatt, and Menzerna are your only choices. We dont carry any of them. If you would like something AG carries, then Quikshine, Poorboys Spray and Gloss, or Megs Final Inspection will work well.

emaxxman
07-22-2006, 06:53 PM
You'll have to educate me a little here. Is there an advantage with sticking with acrylic gloss enhancers? My goal is to use the Klasse AIO and SG to create a durable, glossy, protective barrier. Then I want to maintain the gloss with each wash.

Originally, I was thinking of using a pure wax (i.e. polish or cleaners in it) to top the SG every other wash. After some reading, I saw the spray and wipe QD's and how they enhance/restore some gloss.

The only experience I've had with QD's is Meg's Interior Quick Detailer. I use it to quickly clean the dash before applying some Hyperdressing.

Oh, I do prefer to stick with Autogeek as I have a number of items I will be ordering soon (grit guard, Klasse, etc.).

ScottB
07-22-2006, 08:45 PM
originally it was believed that acrylic paint sealants lasted longer than their poly (water based) counterparts. With modern chemistry and polymers it is not necessarily the case. I have found that alot of qd'ers look nice on the Klasse twins but wanted you to have enough information to make your own choice.