PDA

View Full Version : Summer 08 -- Movie Releases

ScottB
05-10-2008, 06:52 AM
Let me start by saying I really havent been to the movies much since Christopher was born 3 years ago. Between him and his little brother Shane it just isnt the right place to take kids and try to enjoy anything for more than a couple minutes. So ...

I took Christopher to see Speed Racer as his first movie experience. At 3, he did not understand the movies concept but man did he like the racing scenes and all those special cars. (Holy smokes the pricing went up, and an afternoon visit for us set back over 30.00 bucks with the required sodas and popcorn too.)

What I did note is that this year, it seems like the summer movie season could be a really good one. We saw posters and trailers for Indiana Jones, Batman, Hulk, Max Smart, and all sorts of previous releases. We saw new releases from Ben Stiler, Eddie Murphy, Pixar, and even an animated Star Wars movie. I really dont remember much from last years summer release other than I Am Legend that even poked the "good" or "great" release. Anything coming that most will be waiting for ???

supercharged
05-10-2008, 07:09 AM
Let me start by saying I really havent been to the movies much since Christopher was born 3 years ago. Between him and his little brother Shane it just isnt the right place to take kids and try to enjoy anything for more than a couple minutes. So ...

I took Christopher to see Speed Racer as his first movie experience. At 3, he did not understand the movies concept but man did he like the racing scenes and all those special cars. (Holy smokes the pricing went up, and an afternoon visit for us set back over 30.00 bucks with the required sodas and popcorn too.)

What I did note is that this year, it seems like the summer movie season could be a really good one. We saw posters and trailers for Indiana Jones, Batman, Hulk, Max Smart, and all sorts of previous releases. We saw new releases from Ben Stiler, Eddie Murphy, Pixar, and even an animated Star Wars movie. I really dont remember much from last years summer release other than I Am Legend that even poked the "good" or "great" release. Anything coming that most will be waiting for ???
required sodas and popcorn? I haven't been at a movie theather in about a year, popcorn and soda was never required...soda costs $5 for a big 64 oz cup there...

ScottB
05-10-2008, 08:13 AM
once you have children ... you stop sneaking in your snacks as they "want" and require the movie theatre version. Tickets 7.50 matinee for adults, 6.50 children 2 and up, 4.50 for soda, and 4.75 for medium popcorn (funny since no small exists). Your sons first movie experience = priceless !

Ohio Detailing
05-10-2008, 09:55 AM
I definitely can't wait to see the new Batman - it's going to be awesome. I am Legend & Rambo were my favorites for a long time...

tripperfx3
05-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Batman's going to be great. I still want to see Iron Man. Pretty much all the movies you list I'm planning on seeing (yes even the Wall-E, I haven't missed one Pixar movie yet).

Jimmie
05-10-2008, 12:41 PM
once you have children ... you stop sneaking in your snacks as they "want" and require the movie theatre version. Tickets 7.50 matinee for adults, 6.50 children 2 and up, 4.50 for soda, and 4.75 for medium popcorn (funny since no small exists). Your sons first movie experience = priceless !

I'll bet you watched him more than the movie. Their eyes get big, huh?

Holy Smokes $10 for popcorn and a coke.

Surfer
05-10-2008, 01:42 PM
once you have children ... you stop sneaking in your snacks as they "want" and require the movie theatre version. Tickets 7.50 matinee for adults, 6.50 children 2 and up, 4.50 for soda, and 4.75 for medium popcorn (funny since no small exists). Your sons first movie experience = priceless !And you forgot to add in valet parking at the Palace lol

wytstang
05-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Indiana Jones is one I am definitely going to go see. I loved the old series and plan on adding them to my collection.

nrengle
05-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Indy Jones and Batman are a definite. I confess I downloaded Ironman and just finished watching it, quite surprised. I usually don't have the time anymore to go to the theater. I work such odd hours, and on the road so much it's hard to know what's coming out when... But yeah, The Dark Knight looks killer. Christian Bale is a hell of Bruce Wayne and Batman. Way better than Val Kilmer and George Clooney.

Larry A
05-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Indy Jones for me!

trhland
05-11-2008, 04:22 AM
im waiting for howard the duck part 2 to come out:D

wytstang
05-11-2008, 02:17 PM
LOL wow Howard the Duck man did that gave me a flashback.

supercharged
05-12-2008, 09:18 AM
im waiting for howard the duck part 2 to come out:D
I was just gonna mention that...:D:cheers:

trhland
05-12-2008, 04:05 PM
you guys remember the movie (supergirl) what a flop!! my parents took me to see that pice of crap in the 80's.