PDA

View Full Version : I never read the news - BUT...

Ohio Detailing
05-10-2008, 06:45 AM
I've used the news paper for detailing glass - I know it's old school, but seems to work amazing. Aside from microfibers (which sometimes lint for me) is there any rhyme/reason why newspapers work so well, and what are your thoughts on their use in professional detailing?

bill walsh
05-10-2008, 07:23 AM
use waffle weave microfiber towels for glass

ScottB
05-10-2008, 08:11 AM
newspaper can transfer ink ... I use the WW MF also with good results. A better cleaner also seems to help and my favs are Stoners (aerosol version), Sprayway, and DP Krystal Vision.

Ohio Detailing
05-10-2008, 09:26 AM
I've been using my wife's Spray-away for a few months now, since she uses it for her cleaning business. It's works ok, I just hate when one tiny bit of sinlight hits it while I'm drying, and everything goes downhill from there.

Waffle towels... excellent, I've read a lot about them! Thanks a lot, I also heard that poly is terrible, you have to really shoot for something with 100% cotton microfiber, which all the towels on AG have, right?

ScottB
05-10-2008, 01:33 PM
polyester is bad in towels .. it is usually those decorative borders and edging. Microfiber , while also polyester blend, is combed to be something like 10 times softer than silk. Most MF towels are 70/30 or 80/20 blends and work fine.

You are correct that sunlight and glass cleaning dont seem to mix. I do it in garage as possible.

BearValley
05-10-2008, 01:53 PM
There is no cotton in microfiber.

"Microfiber is a man-made material that combines two fibers, polyester and polyamide(a nylon by-product).The polyester gives the material strength and durability, the polyamide allows the fabric to be tremendously absorbent and quick drying."

Ohio Detailing
05-11-2008, 07:50 AM
Wow, that's a complete answer - thanks guys!

TOGWT
05-11-2008, 12:26 PM
See Micro fibre (Microfiber) -Tools - ############# (http://#############.com/index.php5?title=Tools)

As the materials used in the automotive industry are revised and improved and car care products are re-formulated; we also should re-evaluate our detailing methodologies and products to keep pace with them