PDA

View Full Version : Took car to bodyshop

kellyinkc
07-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Bodyshop wants 500 to paint hood and nose. They put some Turtle Wax Color Cure on the hood. Can you tell where it is? Clay bar is coming out to remove it. :D Is this a bad price?
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/S4300095.JPG

Neothin
07-22-2006, 02:53 PM
why the repaint? Rock chips?

kellyinkc
07-22-2006, 02:58 PM
CC failure. Look on the left side of hood. The white spots. I have tried just about everything. I have used Megs 83, 80 XMT 3. Nothing but a great shine.

ScottB
07-22-2006, 03:11 PM
bodyshop prices are highly negotiable , remember they get raked on labor charges from insurance co.

supercharged
07-22-2006, 04:15 PM
CC failure. Look on the left side of hood. The white spots. I have tried just about everything. I have used Megs 83, 80 XMT 3. Nothing but a great shine.
So why did it fail?

kellyinkc
07-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Good question. Car sits outside 24/7. More likely was the repaint on the hood was bad or botched. I see sanding marks all over. It was done before I bought it and before I knew about detailing.
Last year I noticed it after putting a clay bar on hood. Wonder if I took something off covering it up. Next time I buy used I'm taking my claybar with me.

Reddwarf
07-22-2006, 08:39 PM
Good question. Car sits outside 24/7. More likely was the repaint on the hood was bad or botched. I see sanding marks all over. It was done before I bought it and before I knew about detailing.
Last year I noticed it after putting a clay bar on hood. Wonder if I took something off covering it up. Next time I buy used I'm taking my claybar with me.

LOL Great idea! I love it! I'm in a similar boat. Bought a used car before I learned so much from all the nice folks on this board. After taking the PC to my car, polish and wax, I now see hundreds of little chips all over the front. You can see a picture of it in my gallery. I swear they were not there before! They must have used some sort of filler? So now I don't know what to do either except take it to a body shop.