PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys Wheel Sealant??????

Bubbabuff
05-07-2008, 08:30 PM
I think this stuff is great, the question is is this stuff a wax or a polymer, how does it stay so slick???

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-07-2008, 08:35 PM
It is a sealant, wax wouldn't last very long at all on wheels. I do agree Poorboys wheel sealant is a great product.

supercharged
05-08-2008, 03:18 AM
I usually was getting about 2-3 weeks of durablity from it...(2-3 washes)...

dengood1
05-08-2008, 04:52 AM
I love it, just wish it were more durable. It's a PIA to reapply every 3 weeks!

ScottB
05-08-2008, 08:25 AM
due to a wheels extreme heat, theres not much that lasts a long time on them. Using harsh wheel cleaners only removes it all the quicker. I too like the Poorboys offering.

ATL G35 6MT
05-08-2008, 09:15 AM
I get 2-3 months of durability but I use AIO then 2 coats of PBWS and don't use a wheel cleaner...I make up a separate wash bucket for wheels & tires.

budman3
05-08-2008, 09:28 AM
I use it on polished aluminum wheels to prevent them from oxidizing, works great. 2-3 coats and your good to go.

Bigds2012TT
04-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Question, I used PBWS for the first time on my chrome wheels and I found it very difficult to wipe off after it has been setting for 10-20 mins. And roughly 2-3 days later my wheels were filthy. I used a pressure washer to rinse them off and very little of the grime and brake dust came off. Did I do something wrong? Didnt hold up like a lot of the members said it did.
Thank you,

builthatch
04-01-2013, 10:42 AM
why not just coat them? you spend a little more time in prep but you get several years of durability if you do it properly (stacking 2.0).

i would punch myself in the face if i had to keep putting something on wheels now that i've felt the joy of having coated wheels.

anything else just seems like spinning your...umm...wheels.

VroomVroom
04-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Question, I used PBWS for the first time on my chrome wheels and I found it very difficult to wipe off after it has been setting for 10-20 mins. And roughly 2-3 days later my wheels were filthy. I used a pressure washer to rinse them off and very little of the grime and brake dust came off. Did I do something wrong? Didnt hold up like a lot of the members said it did.
Thank you,
Definitely odd. Did you polish the wheels prior to applying the sealant? Like any topcoat, the results are only as good as the condition underneath. I've applied PBWS to literally hundreds of wheels, and haven't had this issue.

why not just coat them? you spend a little more time in prep but you get several years of durability if you do it properly (stacking 2.0).

i would punch myself in the face if i had to keep putting something on wheels now that i've felt the joy of having coated wheels.

anything else just seems like spinning your...umm...wheels.
Coating is definitely on my to-do list, at least for my DD. However, I really have no complaints with PBWS. I've found the durability to be more like 4-6 weeks, even with Ze German level of brake dust and winter road grime. I've tried a handful of products over the years, and have found PBWS to be best-in-class. That said, I've also been reading reports on coatings from a number of detailers I follow, and that certainly seems to be the way to go.

Bigds2012TT
04-01-2013, 01:35 PM
I used optimum metal polish probably 4 months ago on them. I've used sonax, CG Diablo, and CW&G only to clean them. I am seriously considering using OC2.0 on them. Just thought I'd use up my PBWS first.

yakky
04-01-2013, 03:09 PM
I love using the Poorboys stuff, it is a pleasure to use and makes wheels really pop. But, DG501 is superior in every way except smell.

Bigds2012TT
04-01-2013, 08:58 PM
16772my wheels a few days after putting PBWS on them. Power washed them and still yucky.