PDA

View Full Version : Help Picking Products

munchen1
07-21-2006, 10:47 PM
I recently purchased a 2007 Toyota Yaris, black. This being my first car that cost over $3,000 I have the need to keep it looking nice. I have done some research but my head is spinning, I am not exactly sure where to start.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out?

I am planing on keeping my car till they have to tow it away. I don't need it to blind people as I go by, but I would like to keep it looking almost like new.

Here are my conditions:
1. Budget - I know I have to spend to get quality but I would like to keep from going off the deep end.
2. Location - I live in apartment in Florida. I don't have the ability to shield my car from the rain, and sometime finding a spot in the shade is difficult.
3. Time - I don't have the ability to spend a Saturday working on it every weekend.

From the research I have done here is what I have so far.

Interior:
DP Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
DP Interior Surface Protectant
DP Interior Cleaner

Exterior
DP Auto Bath Shampoo
DP Krystal Vision Clean Glass
Poorboy's Bug Squash
DP Universal Detailing Clay

What would the best sealant that doesn't have to sit for long and will last for awhile?

Pads
Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug and Tar Pad
Pinnacle Wax Applicator
Cobra Microfiber Detailing Cloth
Cobra Microfiber Applicator Pad

If any one has any suggestions on if I am missing something, should use something else, or anything they can thing of. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

scooterguitar
07-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Wow, good list! I would think go with the DP sealant, but I believe it needs 24 cure time, whereas my new favorite Wolfgang olnly needs 12.

texasdan
07-21-2006, 11:32 PM
How long does Klasse need to cure?

Driven Auto Detail
07-22-2006, 01:16 AM
I believe Klasse is 24 hour cure time.

ScottB
07-22-2006, 06:02 AM
http://www.autogeek.net/kitspecials.html

I highly suggest a kit for the most bang for the buck. Consider the Poorboys and add a bottle of wash and EX-P (Sealant). You will have everything you need for finish bliss. Clearkote also makes a fabulous kit.

mustang666
07-22-2006, 06:59 AM
I used the Klasse/Pinnacle kit on my 2005 Mustang and the shine is fabulous. I used it also on my daughters 2003 Mustang and I can't believe how much it improved the paint and how good it looks even several months later.

munchen1
07-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Thanks for all the help.

I am not sure exactly what I need to use for the polishing, waxing and sealant. Do I need all three? I have five products I am looking at.

Poorboy’s Professional Polish
Poorboy’s Ex-p Pure Sealant
Poorboy's EX Sealant with Carnauba
Poorboy’s Polish with Carnauba (BLUE)
Poorboy's Natty’s Paste Wax – BLUE

What combination of these will give me the best look for the littlest effort?

Thanks

Reddwarf
07-22-2006, 02:25 PM
http://www.autogeek.net/kitspecials.html

I highly suggest a kit for the most bang for the buck. Consider the Poorboys and add a bottle of wash and EX-P (Sealant). You will have everything you need for finish bliss. Clearkote also makes a fabulous kit.

I agree with Killr, the various kits that AG puts together offer a good deal. I've purchased a few of them and they are a great value.

:iagree:

eR1c
08-21-2007, 04:47 PM
I know this has been asked by nearly everyone and that everyone's car has a different need, yet here I go:

I have a car that is 30 years old w/ original paint (and only 22,000 original miles). It's never been washed w/ water and is always stored in a garage. It's never parked under the sun, yet is driven about 500 miles a year during the summer months -so it does get some sun exposure when driven. This is a concour's show car (has won several awards, etc).

The paint is in excellent condition yet has some very very very minor swirl marks in several areas that are only visible under flourescent lighting.

I was thinking of using: Klasse All-In-One Polish followed by P21S Concours Carnauba wax. Is this a good combo? Is there something better?

What I am looking to do is: 1) remove the very very minor swirls 2) protect the paint 3) put the best glossy show shine I can on the car.

My budget is around $100-$125 max for all the necesary products. (I don't have a power buffer, -yet I really enjoy using elbow grease)!

thanks!

eR1c
08-21-2007, 04:50 PM
-oh, I have to date only used a pure carnauba wax w/ micro fiber clothes.

eR1c
08-21-2007, 05:57 PM
okay here is what I am thinking, let me know if anyone has a better suggestion:

1) P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion -to remove old wax and minor imperfections
2) Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealent -to protect and seal
3) P21S Concours Carnuaba Wax -for added gloss + depth

all applied in that order