PDA

View Full Version : Most Favorite Step in Detailing

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ScottB
03-17-2006, 04:55 PM
We all know there are many steps to detailing, most are slightly tedious but necessary in order to have the pristine finish. What is your favorite step in detailing, and please feel free to divulge why and hints as possible to make it more enjoyable for the masses.

ScottB
03-17-2006, 04:59 PM
I chose washing .... why ?? Because I have never seen a car that didnt deserve and need at least a wash. All cars look better after a wash, considering you use the correct products (a true car wash) and nice mit (preferably sheepskin) and you dry the car properly (waffle weave, and leave blower). And without a wash .... well we could not move onto different steps and truly access the paint/finish.

Sevenrd
03-17-2006, 05:33 PM
Waxing. I love wiping off the final coat, taking a step back, and seeing the result of all the work.

Bluesbrekr
03-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Polishing. Not the easiest step, but I love to see the paint imperfections vanish.

04mach1
03-17-2006, 05:58 PM
wax and/or sealing, nothing beats wiping that final layer off and revealing the fruits of your labor :D

joe.p
03-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Useing a ClayBar and Applying/Removing Souveran. But also thinking real hard on the DP max Wax..

Detail_Guy
03-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Well, I really enjoy all phases of detailing, as they compliment each other. However, I really enjoy polishing the paint to perfection. I also believe it provides the most significant improvement in the appearance of the vehicle.

I also really enjoy "final detailing"... applying a great gloss enhancing QD after all the other work is very satisfying.

JeffW
03-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Sealant here, especially since spray sealants like WG Sealant Spritz and UPPS were invented. After giving my cars their weekend baths, I just spray and wipe for that ultra durable, deep gloss finish, awww...

Thorough cleaning of the windows is very gratifying as well. Nothing beats cruising around with crystal clear windows.

Miami_Sunset
03-17-2006, 10:08 PM
I just love using the PC

cwcad
03-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Like Miami Sunset I like the PC. In fact it is to blame for my continued obcession with Detailing. It helps take care of all the scratches and marring that I create doing my favorite thing. Quick Detailing a well prepped and protected paint every day. Some days I do it more than once.

ASPHALT ROCKET
03-17-2006, 10:39 PM
For me it is the polishing step especially on a black vehicle.

SpoiledMan
03-17-2006, 11:47 PM
I chose polishing as it is the most dramatic change during the process.

NOTE: You guys that love using the PC so much had better stay away from the Cyclo or you'll need to be committed!

Tex Star Detail
03-18-2006, 12:44 AM
GuessI will have tobe the different one. I like interiors. Something new every time.

5000XD
03-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Claying!!! When I'm done, I just love the feeling of that smoooooth surface.

By the way I saw that AG is selling the clay holding thingies, any of you guys using it and does it work well?

ScottB
03-18-2006, 09:11 AM
By the way I saw that AG is selling the clay holding thingies, any of you guys using it and does it work well?

I have it and used it a couple of times, for me I prefer to use the hand. Clay has a tactile feeling when hitting minor imperfections (kinda studders) and it is not always caught with claying device.

http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-polishing-clay.html
(I trust this is what you were describing)