PDA

View Full Version : Klasses AIO and/or Wolfgang 3.0?

vsupra123
05-07-2008, 06:26 AM
Alright, I've read up quite a bit on removing scratches, swirls, marring, oxidation etc. So would Klasses AIO do all of this or would getting wolfgang 3.0 be better?

Either way I'm going to be buying Klasse's AIO and sealant/glaze. Just trying to save the $60 or so if I don't really need the wolfgang stuff.

I have 4 vehicles, possibly 5, that I'm going to be using this stuff on. They range from swirls, oxidation, eaten clear coat due to bird bombs, scratches, marring etc.

http://www.pakshak.org/forums/images/misc/progress.gif

pt91
05-07-2008, 06:53 AM
aio will handle cleaning, oxidation and put down a light base (not very durable-needs an LSP on top). to remove any paint defects you are going to need an abrasive polish (probably at least two in your case-compound and finishing polish).

vsupra123
05-07-2008, 07:02 AM
so I do need wolfgang then?

I was going to go with XMT but I rather have one product that can take care of all swirls then to have to gauge which one im going to need. I only save about $20 with the XMT over the wolfgang.

so my steps would be something like....

KAIO
Swirl remover
Glaze
Sealant
Wax

I don't know if AIO should be before or after swirl/scratch removal.

94LT1
05-07-2008, 07:18 AM
so I do need wolfgang then?

I was going to go with XMT but I rather have one product that can take care of all swirls then to have to gauge which one im going to need. I only save about $20 with the XMT over the wolfgang.

so my steps would be something like....

KAIO
Swirl remover
Glaze
Sealant
Wax

I don't know if AIO should be before or after swirl/scratch removal.
if ur going to do paint correction i suggest this:
wash
clay
swirlremover
polish(Glaze in wolfgangs case)
sealant
You cant just top a wax over a sealant on the same day.the sealant has to cure for about a day.so you would wash your car a day after then top ur wax on.

ScottB
05-07-2008, 07:48 AM
Klasse AIO is a chemical polish with some acrylic protection. It will remove oxidation but wont remove swirls and scratches. A dedicated polish (abrasive) like the 3.0's would do so. Then you can wax or seal on top as wanted ...

Darren F
05-07-2008, 07:52 AM
If you want you can try XMT360 or Optimum Poli Seal, they will remove some minor swirls and scratches. I always try them first before I get more agressive.

vsupra123
05-07-2008, 07:04 PM
alright, i guess i wont be saving any money after all....

thanks guys

detailing bug bit me....

94LT1
05-07-2008, 07:24 PM
alright, i guess i wont be saving any money after all....

thanks guys

detailing bug bit me....

Ya its never cheap.i got the bug bad 2...i have 375 so far invested and i just stared a month ago....it takes a lot to restraint myself from buying more product before im close to finishing what i allready have.
so far i have a PC
2 of the Orange,gray and blue 5.5inch lake county CCS pads
3 white CCS pads
KAIO
Pinnacle Twins(Swirl Remover& Polish)
Wolfgang 3.0 Swirl Remover & Finishing Glaze
liquid souveran
stoners invisible glass
probably going to buy collinite 845 soon.
But see i cover to conditions.if i just want to wax my car i wash then use KAIO then i apply my wax
If i want to do some paint correction i have 2 brands to pick from and different pads depending on the amount of correction im looking for.

StephenK
05-07-2008, 07:40 PM
my question is are you lookig to remove swirls by hand, with a
PC or rotary?

where do you live? maybe there is a member that is close enough to you that would be willing to let you try a few products. i am in aurora,illinois if you are near me we can work out a time so i can come over and let you "play" with the products i have.

vsupra123
05-07-2008, 08:15 PM
im in Hawaii....

This is what I ordered.

PC 7424 intro kit
Klasse AIO
Klasse sealant/glaze
Wolfgang 3.0 swirl remover & glaze
Natty blue wax
Grit guard
Shmitt white/yellow wash mitt
Polish/wax applicator pads