PDA

View Full Version : Inbetween waxes and washes...advice please

Pages : [1] 2

novs25
05-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Hello all,

I have souveran as my wax and WG paint sealant and some other products from WG. Just finished a bottle of the WG detail spritz and was wondering if I should order some more or a different product. I got a black 07 alitma which i finished a xmt #2 and finishing glaze with 2 coats of souveran on top so its looking great. I am nuts when it come to my car so I like to use a california duster every now and then and a QD after. I wash it every week. I am asking for your guys expertise on another QD or a spray paint sealant of spray wax for that in between time so its looking nice. What should I do ladies and gentleman. Sorry if this is a repeat topic couldnt find my answers searching.

makdaddy626
05-06-2008, 04:18 PM
I was completely under-welmed by the WG QD (the old quick detail spritz, I haven't tried the new spray sealant)... The perfect compliment to Souveran Paste is Crystal Mist for a true QDer, or Souveran Spray Wax as a booster after washes.

DP final gloss is also a nice QD wax booster for less money.

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-06-2008, 05:19 PM
The new Optimum QD is one of the best out there right now, give that a try and you will be very happy.

ScottB
05-06-2008, 05:53 PM
While the Optimum Qd'er is a new favorite, I still feel carnuabas specifically look best when kept up with Souveran Spray Wax.

pt91
05-06-2008, 08:27 PM
if you are talking about in btwn washes, i wouldn't touch it. A waterless wash for dust is OK but I would wait until the next wash which is pretty frequent it seems.

novs25
05-06-2008, 09:30 PM
I usually try to wash it every week but i like to keep the dust off it since its black. I dont want to wax it every time, so am i using a QD in the wrong way? Should I wash it then use a quick wax mentioned above then the QD until I wash it again? little confused I guess. Thanks for all the responses. You guys are the best

pt91
05-06-2008, 09:45 PM
for a black car i would be careful with the duster, barely touching the paint. i would use a waterless wash like pbsw with very plush mf towels. then it is safe to use a QD or spray wax. keep an eye out for any marring of the paint.
i play it safe and just wait for full wash. i like to keep the machine polishing down to once a year or more.

ScottB
05-07-2008, 07:54 AM
I am glad pt91 chimed in on this, I was offering Souveran Spray Wax after each wash to amp up the finish. In no way on black, would I use anything between washes for cleanup except the occassional birdie doo-doo mark. I oversaturate those, and blot as possible.

Mike T
05-07-2008, 08:04 AM
I have an 05 black Altima. I've given up trying to maintain in between washes. Its just to frustrating.
Does your car get parked in a garage or is it exposed to the outside environment daily?
The only product I would really feel comfortable using in between washes is S&W. I would then follow up with something like Souveran spray.

novs25
05-07-2008, 09:44 AM
I luckily have a garage spot. Can you clarify s&w? What does marring look like? dull paint? Really i should stop caring in between washes and just do it if some crap gets on my car?

pt91
05-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Poorboy's spray and wipe.
marring would be scratches, swirls and other paint imperfections. usually caused by poor wash techniques, drying techniques or poor polishing.

Jimmie
05-07-2008, 09:51 AM
I was completely under-welmed by the WG QD (the old quick detail spritz, I haven't tried the new spray sealant)... The perfect compliment to Souveran Paste is Crystal Mist for a true QDer, or Souveran Spray Wax as a booster after washes.

DP final gloss is also a nice QD wax booster for less money.

:iagree:same three here.

novs25
05-07-2008, 10:26 AM
I use the cobra waffle weave drying combo from autogeek to dry and some other micro fibers to do that wipe down. I did scratch the paint a little getting rid of this crap( went through a construction area and think it was some kind of concrete) i will get that out with some polish. I dont think i have any marring.

so we have -

-souveran spray wax
-PB spray and wipe
-crystal mist
-dont touch it in between

Also thanks for everyones comments so far. Question to black car owner or dark color owners how do you keep it shinning and looking clean? Does any use wheel wax?

pt91
05-07-2008, 10:42 AM
both of our cars are black. i am very careful washing and drying not letting either get TOO dirty before hand washes. Don't use anything except spray and wipe for the random bird bombs. Use very good MFs and wash all after one use (mitts too). I use a metro blower to remove most of the water after rinsing to keep down the need to dry with a towel. Park inside if at all possible.
Clay twice a year and polish about once a year. Stay away from lawn sprinklers!
I use optimum OS on all wheels. Fast and works nicely.
If you know you have concrete on your car this is only one product I know if to help remove it.

novs25
05-07-2008, 10:45 AM
you are talking about the poorboys spray and wipe right. I was using the WG spritz to help remove that. Didnt work to well ended up scrathing the paint a little. How our poorboys products?