PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Missouri

blacknblu
05-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Hello all from Blue Springs, Missouri. I've been reading this site for awhile, and now that my 'economic stimulus' check has been deposited, I'm purchasing some products, and furthering my knowledge base for detailing my car. I just purchased the Flex XC3401 VRG Orbital Polisher, Dual Action 6.5 inch XL Foam Pad Kit with CCS pads, and the Edge Foam Pad Conditioning Brush.

Up until now, I've detailed my car with a bit of elbow grease and time. Although results have been nice (for about three days), I want to focus more on fixing imperfections in the paint opposed to merely covering them up. In addition, 10 + hours for three days worth of results can be a bit disheartening.

In any event, I'm here to learn, and improve my skill level. Ultimately, I'd like to minimize the time necessary to detail my car, and quite possibly, fit my wife's minivan in on a Saturday afternoon.

-Alex

dublifecrisis
05-06-2008, 11:20 AM
ahh c'mon man....you still have $$ left on that check to spend. you need some polish, Fuzion wax etc too right?

welcome...this hobby is like crack!

Dropkick Detail
05-06-2008, 12:19 PM
:welcome:

Its a fun habit to have! Just dont use the term minivan too often. Some of us detailers get the cold sweats when we get those on the schedule! lol

"Economic stimulus". Thats the saddest term I've heard in a long time.

ScottB
05-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Hola .... sorry I am from Florida, and we must use our native tongue !! (joke)

Black Diamond
05-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Hi and welcome from St. Louis!

nitro78
05-07-2008, 08:25 AM
welcome. I already spent my stimulus check with ag before i received it....oops.:p

Jimmie
05-07-2008, 10:09 AM
:welcome:

Meghan
05-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Welcome to the crazy addiction we call detailing!

karburn
05-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Welcome aboard.

blacknblu
05-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Thank you all for the welcome. I've got quite a bit to learn, and finally, a really good informational resource in the form of this forum.

I should be receiving my order the first of next week, and can hardly wait. I may test the flex out on my wife's "car" to get a little experience before moving to mine. I'm selfless like that :)

karburn - you can't be more than 20 minutes from Blue Springs. It's nice to see someone in the same geographic region.

MadOzodi
05-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Welcome from StL too.