PDA

View Full Version : Kaio

Pages : [1] 2

94LT1
05-05-2008, 08:25 PM
would KAIO be enough prep before i would use a sealant.i have people naggin me to detail there car.i just want to wash,clay,kaio, then use sealant.

AjNavo61490
05-05-2008, 08:46 PM
KAIO when used, is actually a sealant... it cleans and protects *hints All-In-One* :)

02CAMSS
05-05-2008, 08:49 PM
I know you can with EX-P and I ask in an earlier post if it could be used with wolfgang and everyone said yes.

94LT1
05-05-2008, 08:51 PM
well im just learning from my own experience that prep is more important then the wax.

Surfer
05-05-2008, 09:08 PM
KAIO is pry the best paint cleaner/prepper around still, old dinosaur but its still strong as hell. You'll be fine using it and going to whatever sealant or wax, it only leaves behind a very, very light layer of acrylic coating.

wytstang
05-06-2008, 12:46 AM
Like sufer said it leaves a very little behind to protect, not enough to be a stand a lone product. Your process is right on though.

Meghan
05-06-2008, 06:46 AM
KAIO is pry the best paint cleaner/prepper around still, old dinosaur but its still strong as hell. You'll be fine using it and going to whatever sealant or wax, it only leaves behind a very, very light layer of acrylic coating.

:whs:

dengood1
05-06-2008, 07:07 AM
it's a great paint cleaner, but doesn't correct(swirls, scratches). It will clean the paint chemically that will strip any wax/sealant. It's a good prep if you don't need to correct. Like all have said above, it will leave a very light layer of acrylic coating that probably won't last that long. You might want to look at XMT 360, Poorboys Polish with Sealant, or Optimum Poli-seal for light correcting abilities that will leave behind a light layer of sealant. Good luck!

94LT1
05-06-2008, 07:14 AM
well i was just useing KAIO as a prep.i was going to use a sealant afterwards.either collinite 845 or duragloss 105.

ScottB
05-06-2008, 09:54 AM
you can easily top KAIO with anything, wax or sealant.

Dropkick Detail
05-06-2008, 10:33 AM
it's a great paint cleaner, but doesn't correct(swirls, scratches). It will clean the paint chemically that will strip any wax/sealant. It's a good prep if you don't need to correct. Like all have said above, it will leave a very light layer of acrylic coating that probably won't last that long. You might want to look at XMT 360, Poorboys Polish with Sealant, or Optimum Poli-seal for light correcting abilities that will leave behind a light layer of sealant. Good luck!

I've found that KAIO actually does some correcting, unless the "correction" I'm seeing isnt correction, but filling. Here's a pic. Its one pass with a flat orange pad and PC. Obviously not all the swirls and marring are gone, but its a big difference. Tell me what I'm seeing.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x255/dropkickdetail/abeforedodgehalfnhalf1.jpg

dengood1
05-06-2008, 10:48 AM
I think you are seeing the oxidation being cleaned up. Clearly the scratches are still there. You simply removed the clouded(oxidized)/old paint/clearcoat.

Dropkick Detail
05-06-2008, 11:19 AM
I think you are seeing the oxidation being cleaned up. Clearly the scratches are still there. You simply removed the clouded(oxidized)/old paint/clearcoat.

Probably right. Good call. Didnt notice much oxidation but it looks better anyway

m4gician
05-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Why not just top KAIO with what it was meant to be topped with, Klasse Sealant Glaze! It's beautiful!

Matt S.
05-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Some of you may be surprised how long AIO will last on its own. In a hurry, I wouldn't hesitate to use it as a standalone...I've gotten weeks and weeks of protection on a car that sits outside in the Florida heat + rain.