PDA

View Full Version : Swirls out of Clear bra?

Khankn32
05-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Can it be done? Get all the Swirls out just like you would on a car but for a Clear bra? Thanks again guys

oldmodman
05-05-2008, 08:19 PM
I have 3M clear bra on the rear quarter panels behind the rear wheels and after three years they were no longer perfectly clear. Since I was about ready to get them replaced, as well as getting some installed behind the front wheel well and across the front of the hood, I figured I had nothing to lose.

I used a soft foam pad on my PC with Menzerna Nano and it took out all the scratches but it left a little haziness. So on the other side I used Meguiar's PlastX and it left some of the deeper scratches but made the undamaged portions look great. So I went back over the Nano side and afterwards the haziness was gone. I would probably just use the PlastX only since the scratches were not very noticeable anyway.

I am going to get them replaced anyway, so they will all look the same. But it is worth trying some different products on your to see what works best. Just don't use anything too abrasive and you should be OK.

AjNavo61490
05-05-2008, 08:45 PM
ive never worked on a car with a clearbra but ive heard ur not supposed to use ANYTHING abrasive with it

MadOzodi
05-06-2008, 12:55 PM
I have a different brand clear bra...it's not 3M's. Plexus is the recommended cleaner/polish for mine. If you have KAIO, try some of that first, then maybe Plexus, BEFORE you take an abrasive polish to it.

Surfer
05-06-2008, 12:58 PM
I would use Plexus or Megs PlasticX.

killrflake
05-06-2008, 03:17 PM
I have a clear bra (not 3M) on my car and use Plexus to first clean it and a very light application of Klasse AIO if I feel its needed. Works great for me.:D

Khankn32
05-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the input guys! This really helped me! Thanks!