PDA

View Full Version : Pc or g110?

Pages : [1] 2

Bridges
05-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Hello I'm the new guy here.

I'm ready to buy a Dual Action Polisher but not sure which of the two would be best. Pc or the new g110. I'm guessing the only difference is the g110 has a little more power.

Thanks for any info.

ScottB
05-05-2008, 10:46 AM
PC is tried and true, G110 is a bit more powerful, purchase the Flex or likely you will want one soon as an upgrade anyways.

Bridges
05-05-2008, 11:00 AM
The flex is a big improvement over the pc then? I wasn't really planing on spending that much more for a polisher cause I still have to buy the pads, polish and etc. Does the flex fit in the geek bag? I couldn't find the length of it.

Bridges
05-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Another question. Do I need a backing plate for the flex or is that built in?

Thanks

Baracuda
05-05-2008, 01:01 PM
You can do alot of damage with a rotary (flex) if you have no experience in polishing.

DA (PC, g110) are kinda idiot proof.

Bridges
05-05-2008, 04:05 PM
You can do alot of damage with a rotary (flex) if you have no experience in polishing.

DA (PC, g110) are kinda idiot proof.

I have used a rotary in the past just to apply a buffing compound. I then followed up with hand glaze and a coat of wax. I use to do detailing on the side years ago so I should be able to handle the flex.

Dark_Tempest
05-05-2008, 04:53 PM
To my knowledge, correct me if Im wrong, the FLEX also has a DA variant. The PC is tried and true and such, the G110 is newer, a adaptation of the G220 in Europe, and, in my opinion, still workingout the kinks. but I would also like to hear what the pros say.

Bridges
05-05-2008, 05:13 PM
To my knowledge, correct me if Im wrong, the FLEX also has a DA variant. The PC is tried and true and such, the G110 is newer, a adaptation of the G220 in Europe, and, in my opinion, still workingout the kinks. but I would also like to hear what the pros say.

What's a DA variant?

I guess there was an issue with the on off switch with the first G100(or whatever the model number was.) So I was leaning more to the pc. But now have the flex in-mind.

budman3
05-05-2008, 06:12 PM
There are a lot of issues with these new machines; the UDM and G110. The UDM had the on / off switch issues, which has been corrected but there are still lingering issues with brushes inside the machine. Many people have had to return their machines and either wait for repair or a replacement. The PC is tried and true, the only difference is in speed 6 really, and Meguiar's doesn't even recommend you use speed 6 ....

As for Flex - They have a bunch of power tools as does Porter Cable. Flex is still new to the detailing industry and it's hard to decipher what machine people are talking about ... the DA or one of the two rotaries. Flex 3401 is the DA and seems like a significant improvement over a PC7424 if you can foot the bill...

ScottB
05-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Flex has as DA ... and thats what I was offering. It is worth the extra money over the PC. It wont fit in the AG bag , and it comes with a hook/loop backing plate.

Torsion Tool
05-08-2008, 10:50 PM
I view the PC as akin to an electric typewriter (think IBM Selectric) with a rotary being a computer program with printer. By all accounts it seems that the Flex DA is a full fledged word processor, a hybrid of sorts that mimics most of the computer's capabilities when paired with the appropriate polishes and pads. That said, the performance jump from manual to PC is huge as is the jump from DA to rotary, though the potential risks markedly increase in the latter.

supercharged
05-09-2008, 04:16 AM
If you really want a powerfull machine - get Flex...Don't get Megs G110, they charge almost double of what machine is sold at AG for their lifetime warranty.

cyberized
05-26-2008, 03:44 PM
I bought one of the NEW G110's and as stated in a previous post - the initial shipment had On/OFF Switch problems and mine, as many did, "died" after very little use---------BUT--------Meguiar's was VERY helpful and understanding and were aware of what was wrong with them and were in process of correcting and shipping in a NEW [2nd version] of the G110. They shipped me out one of the NEW ones when they came in and threw in a couple of their pads because of the inconvenience.
My 2nd G110 has been working GREAT! Hope it keeps it up. Have not been seeing ANY complaints about the NEW models with upgraded ON/;OFF switches.

MichaelIm the MAN

jmark
06-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Flex makes a bag for the VC 3401. AG carries it.

Z06-Goose
06-02-2008, 11:29 AM

DA (PC, g110) are kinda idiot proof.The Flex in question here is the XC3401 VRG Orbital Polisher (Dual Action) NOT the rotary version...

The FLEX Orbital Polisher,flex XC 3401VRG dual-action polisher,flex XC3401VRG,Dual Action polisher,polish out swirls,dual action buffer,DA (http://www.autogeek.net/flex-orbital-polisher.html)

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_2001_7467977 (javascript:changeImg('imgmainimg0',imgmainimg0lar ge,document.getElementById('imgplaceholder'));)