PDA

View Full Version : water spots?

94LT1
05-04-2008, 10:11 PM
i used the pinnacle twins probably about 5 weeks ago.well the souveran wore off not 2 my surprise so i washed my firebird and put down some souveran.well night fall came around and i pulled out my halogens to show me were the residue was to wipe off.well after i was finish i noticed some spots.i tried wipeing them but nothing...so im assumeing there water spots.so what can i use to remove them?would a cleaner like KIAO work?or do i need polish w/ a white ccs pad on my pc?

ScottB
05-05-2008, 07:37 AM
it sounds like you might have waxed over them. So, you have a couple of choices. Paint cleansing, polishing, or wet-sanding as a last resort to move water spots that etched the paint.

Jimmie
05-05-2008, 09:28 AM
it sounds like you might have waxed over them. So, you have a couple of choices. Paint cleansing, polishing, or wet-sanding as a last resort to move water spots that etched the paint.

:iagree::whs:.

Meghan
05-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Hopefully Wet Sanding is not needed, a good polish should take care of it.

budman3
05-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Hopefully Wet Sanding is not needed, a good polish should take care of it.

Especially if they are still fresh. It's the etched water spots that are left on the paint baked in the sun and or acid rain spots which will require sanding. Fresh water spots can be wiped off with a QD (if still fresh and a good LSP) or a paint cleaner will take care of them. If that still doesn't work, a light polish. Since you waxed over the spots, you'll have to remove the wax to get to the spots.

94LT1
05-05-2008, 07:10 PM
ya well the last time i waxed the surface was clear of them.so im assumeing there new.but i just put some souveran down and the car has to sit outside.i have swirls that id like to remove but im affraid the paint/clear coat is to low so im not going to use any swirl remover on it untill i have someone with experience gives me the ok.which hopefully will b in the near future depending on my schedule.