PDA

View Full Version : Old School Baby - Kerosene!

Pages : 1 [2]

Mr Dream Machines
05-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Not these mate, ,mine are machine applyable, can go on anything on a car, make working time of polishes longer and have incredible cleaning power

Also they are body shop safe, paintable and totally nature based

Ohio Detailing
05-09-2008, 04:34 PM
I never use QD's with wax, it's an oxymoron in my opinion. I always use something like Wizard's, or another product with no wax.

Admittedly, I am confused... but I think I'm just going to end up using ONE TIME ONLY next week: Dawn + Kerosene to strip my car's wax, and start from square-1.

02CAMSS
05-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Alcohol and water 50/50 works great or meguiars body solvent.I would leave the kerosene for heaters.

Ohio Detailing
05-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Ok, sounds good... by alcohol, I know it's an amateur question - do you mean regular alcohol from the pharmacy that you pour on cuts, or Jack Daniel's, lol, let me know which form?

julian
05-09-2008, 06:40 PM
after you wash your car - clay bar it - then wash it again - clay barring will remove some of those nibs of dirt and sand or sap or rail dust that you don't want to spread around on the paint when you polish the car. a regular wash won't dislodge some of those critters. if you have never clayed the car before, it definitely needs it.:cool:

02CAMSS
05-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Iso rubbing alcohol