PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if i am doing this right.

drgntear
05-04-2008, 12:53 AM
Ok, so I polished my car for the second time. I must say the XMT #3, #1 and Finishing Glaze rocks! My problem though is with waxing the car. I put the wax on and when I use the wool with bonnet to remove it using my UDM the device is slow even at the highest speed and doesn't remove the wax.....I am putting it on as shown in the video here at autogeek, but it doesn't seem to work right. It spins correctly without the bonnet, just the wool, but I am afraid to use the wool without the bonnet since it shows the bonnet on the video. Lol, I am a detailing noob when it comes to detailing with a machine :) Everything else works great! Far better than when I used some of the griots stuff.

Thanks,
Steve

ScottB
05-04-2008, 06:58 AM
Wool pads are commonly cutting pads and used for polishing. Adding a microfiber bonnet over the wool pad for was removal is the correct choice however it might get caked with product quickly. Hand removal is usually best and quite easy with a nice MF towel.

AjNavo61490
05-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Wool pads are commonly cutting pads and used for polishing. Adding a microfiber bonnet over the wool pad for was removal is the correct choice however it might get caked with product quickly. Hand removal is usually best and quite easy with a nice MF towel.

+1

budman3
05-04-2008, 09:42 AM
What wax were you using and how long did you wait to remove it?

Jimmie
05-04-2008, 10:26 AM

:iagree::whs:.

drgntear
05-10-2008, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the response! I'll start doing hand removal then, thanks for the help all.