PDA

View Full Version : Upgp And Fuzion

Rsurfer
05-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Hi Guys, just been informed that I won a jar of Fuzion from a drawing by PakShak. Thank you Ranney. My question is that I have 3 layers of UPGP as my LSP, if I top it with Fuzion can I later top it with UPGP? I'm so pleased with the end results of UPGP, but since I have the Fuzion I may as well try it out. However, if I don't like it can I top it with UPGP without removing the Fuzion.

AjNavo61490
05-03-2008, 06:35 PM
if the upgp is a wax, then yes you can layer it... if its a sealant, then no you cant

shuskan3
05-03-2008, 06:57 PM
You can top UPGP with Fuzion fine, but if you try to top UPGP on top of Fuzion, the UPGP will remove the Fuzion below. Reading the Ultima FAQ may better help you understand. Ultima FAQ - Autopia.org (http://www.autopia.org/forum/premium-finish-care/94539-ultima-faq.html)
On a side note, please don't judge the Fuzion by putting it on top of UPGP. As you said UPGP looks so good on its own, it will be hard to judge Fuzion unless you are applying to a freshly polished surfaced.
Best of luck...

Rsurfer
05-03-2008, 08:40 PM
You can top UPGP with Fuzion fine, but if you try to top UPGP on top of Fuzion, the UPGP will remove the Fuzion below. Reading the Ultima FAQ may better help you understand. Ultima FAQ - Autopia.org (http://www.autopia.org/forum/premium-finish-care/94539-ultima-faq.html)
On a side note, please don't judge the Fuzion by putting it on top of UPGP. As you said UPGP looks so good on its own, it will be hard to judge Fuzion unless you are applying to a freshly polished surfaced.
Best of luck...
Thanks for the heads up. It did say you can apply UPGP over nuba if it's fully cured. Maybe I'll try just one panel and see what it looks like. My neighbor has a black vette, I'll let him try Fuzion and see if he likes it.

shuskan3
05-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Sounds good! Be sure to post pictures...

budman3
05-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Well the Fuzion is a mix of wax and sealant, so I would think you'd be fine to top it with UPGP when cured. Will you be able to provide pics before / after as well as Fuzion as a stand alone LSP? Congrats on the win.

Rsurfer
05-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Well the Fuzion is a mix of wax and sealant, so I would think you'd be fine to top it with UPGP when cured. Will you be able to provide pics before / after as well as Fuzion as a stand alone LSP? Congrats on the win.
Thanks, I can take a pic of a panel with UPGP and then with Fuzion. I just polished with 106 and 87MC topped with 2X UPGP 1X DWG and 1X UPGP. I can use a cleaner wax to remove the sealant, but it will be some time before I do that. I have pic with the UPGP so if I like the Fuzion I will post an after pic. with Fuzion.

ScottB
05-04-2008, 07:02 AM
the Fuzion (wax) offering sure looks nice, and you will likely love it too. I would not retop with UPGP as suggested however. Just strip (polish or clean paint) and redo as wanted/needed.