PDA

View Full Version : Cerakote trim restorer...

DUBL0WS6
05-19-2024, 03:30 PM
Seems like a pretty good product but final result seemed to be a bit streaky. Anyone else have this issue? I did a second application to see if I can even it out some.

Desertnate
05-20-2024, 08:07 AM
I'm very interested to hear where this discussion goes. I'm getting ready to do some pretty neglected trim on my daughter's car, and I was down to Cerakote or Solution Finish for the job.

DUBL0WS6
05-20-2024, 08:50 AM
I'm very interested to hear where this discussion goes. I'm getting ready to do some pretty neglected trim on my daughter's car, and I was down to Cerakote or Solution Finish for the job.

My car is 24 years old and the trim was gray. The first application was somewhat streaky. After allowing it to dry for 24 hours I did a second application. It looks better but isn't perfect. It's thicker and glossier in some spots than others. From 5 foot away it looks great.

TTQ B4U
05-20-2024, 08:52 AM
My car is 24 years old and the trim was gray. The first application was somewhat streaky. After allowing it to dry for 24 hours I did a second application. It looks better but isn't perfect. It's thicker and glossier in some spots than others. From 5 foot away it looks great.

Be careful with thicker spots. Much like Cquartz,if it's applied too thick and not SUPER sparingly and thin, over time, it can become cloudy/milky and super difficult to remove.

Rsurfer
05-20-2024, 02:22 PM
Be careful with thicker spots. Much like Cquartz,if it's applied too thick and not SUPER sparingly and thin, over time, it can become cloudy/milky and super difficult to remove.

Do you mean Dlux or the coating?

TTQ B4U
05-20-2024, 09:37 PM
Do you mean Dlux or the coating?

Dlux. Sorry.