PDA

View Full Version : 3D Speed now offshore made

Pages : [1] 2 3

John U
05-17-2024, 04:20 PM
A friend bought a bottle on Amazon and mentioned “made in Vietnam”. Mine are older USA manufactured.

chilly
05-17-2024, 05:39 PM
A friend bought a bottle on Amazon and mentioned “made in Vietnam”. Mine are older USA manufactured.

If true, the beginning of the end, but after the business was sold I figured they would try to make it leaner and more profitable

So much for totally made "in house" from start to finish

Why can't stuff just be left alone

SNP209
05-17-2024, 06:00 PM
Same company also bought out P&S recently

MPE Partners and Appearance Technology Group Announce the Acquisition of P&S Detail Products (https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mpe-partners-and-appearance-technology-group-announce-the-acquisition-of-ps-detail-products-302031645.html)

chilly
05-17-2024, 06:12 PM
I know building up a business and making it profitable and selling it is the American way, but too often it means a product or service for the consumer/end user that doesn't meet the former standards

Not always, sometimes it brings along a cash infusion that means innovation, growth, more research, better products

Setec Astronomy
05-17-2024, 06:17 PM
Not that I'm defending Tunch or the P&S guys, but I think they were all at retirement age.

chilly
05-17-2024, 06:21 PM
Not that I'm defending Tunch or the P&S guys, but I think they were all at retirement age.

Good point and you could be right

I read the blurb that SNP209 linked and it sounds like, at least in P&S’s case, is looks like the Phillips boys are going to remain on and hopefully get bigger and better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruno Soares
05-17-2024, 06:34 PM
I still have a sealed bottle of HD Speed. Maybe it will be worth more now :)

DUBL0WS6
05-17-2024, 06:52 PM
Cost of producing in the US continues to rise while it's much cheaper in Asia.

Setec Astronomy
05-17-2024, 07:02 PM

I read the blurb that SNP209 linked and it sounds like, at least in P&S’s case, is looks like the Phillips boys are going to remain on and hopefully get bigger and better

They are brothers? Well, you know 5 years and they will be out, probably. That's the way these things work.

Wknd Dtlr
05-17-2024, 11:06 PM
It will be interesting to get feedback on the Vietnam produced HD Speed once someone tries it out. Speed has been in my arsenal since it was introduced.

John U
05-18-2024, 08:35 AM

looks like the Phillips boys are going to remain on and hopefully get bigger and better

Mike Phillips left after the acquisition..... Kinda blind sided thinking he and Tunch were in it for the long haul. He's now working with Dr Beasley's and doing training classes.

https://themikephillipsforum.com/

Setec Astronomy
05-18-2024, 08:40 AM
John U, Chilly was talking about the Phillips brothers who were the owners of P&S Detail Products: The Double Black Team – P & S Detail Products (https://psdetailproducts.com/pages/the-double-black-team)

John U
05-18-2024, 08:41 AM

Every entrepreneur's hope is a white night to buy them out so they can retire or stay on until they want to retire. Barry Meguiar found that with 3M.

dlc95
05-18-2024, 12:04 PM
As soon as I heard they sold, I started looking for a replacement. I had always been a hard-core Meguiar's user. I also love Menzerna, Optimum, and Jescar polishes too.

The firm the bought them is based in Michigan. Sam Brown Sales. The car washes I worked for used to get a lot of chemical for them.

I paid a visit to the new 3D store in Livonia, amd they're selling Sam Brown's chemicals in the store too. They also had an empty display for the P&S products.

I don't necessarily want to consciously support a conglomerate.

Dang....

chilly
05-18-2024, 12:16 PM
As soon as I heard they sold, I started looking for a replacement. I had always been a hard-core Meguiar's user. I also love Menzerna, Optimum, and Jescar polishes too.

The firm the bought them is based in Michigan. Sam Brown Sales. The car washes I worked for used to get a lot of chemical for them.

I paid a visit to the new 3D store in Livonia, amd they're selling Sam Brown's chemicals in the store too. They also had an empty display for the P&S products.

I don't necessarily want to consciously support a conglomerate.

Dang....

I feel the same way, unfortunately, in some cases it is unavoidable

I would rather support a small, simple, straightforward company that has a core of good products

Don't get me wrong, I like Meguiar's, but they can be overwhelming

I remember how excited I got when Oberk came out with 2 polishes/compounds and a couple of pads to support them and I thought here is a company focused on one single aspect of the industry, I bet their stuff is good

Now, fast forward a couple of years and they have joined the ranks of the "we have everything" companies and you have to wonder, were all this products as well thought out as the original ones or did they just find a bottler to slap on some Oberk labels so they could have one stop shopping

I don't know because I backed away from them after their product line exploded

3D has done that now, multiple lines that seem to overlap and confuse

I get that companies grow and expand, it is part of the formula for success but for me the complexity some of these companies create is a major turnoff

I am old and set in my ways

Rant over