PDA

View Full Version : WalMart buffing pads...

DUBL0WS6
04-17-2024, 07:49 PM
These are being sold under the Platinum brand. They are 6 inch and look to be nice quality. At $7, they are a bargain.

Uncbrs
04-17-2024, 08:07 PM
These are being sold under the Platinum brand. They are 6 inch and look to be nice quality. At $7, they are a bargain.Walmart is just like Amazon... sift through enough of these random brands and you might find a gem.

SPTA has been an up and coming option lately. I bought their mini polisher not long ago for about $150 and it's very solid. Came with a bunch of pads too. I don't think these are pushing LC or Rupes out but not bad to have on-hand for a rainy day.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
04-17-2024, 08:13 PM
Walmart is just like Amazon... sift through enough of these random brands and you might find a gem.

SPTA has been an up and coming option lately. I bought their mini polisher not long ago for about $150 and it's very solid. Came with a bunch of pads too. I don't think these are pushing LC or Rupes out but not bad to have on-hand for a rainy day.

Very true, and they’ve got a Long list of detailing supplies including some pretty random interesting stuff.

Desertnate
04-18-2024, 08:47 AM
I've not seen them, but if they are similar to the pads I once used from Harbor Freight many years ago, one of the biggest differences is durability. Those pads would start to fall apart after only a couple jobs whereas the LC and Rupes pads I use now last years.

opie
04-18-2024, 08:56 AM
Same i have not seen or used them, but for 7 dollars for a 6 inch pad why not watch detailedimage for 25 percent off sales and just buy lc pads. For almost same price.

I can buy lc force pad for og price at 10.99..buy at a 25% off sale plus add another 10%off that IF you buy 3 or more pads.

BAM! Quality lc force pads for under 7.50 a pad.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Uncbrs
04-18-2024, 09:29 AM
Same i have not seen or used them, but for 7 dollars for a 6 inch pad why not watch detailedimage for 25 percent off sales and just buy lc pads. For almost same price.

I can buy lc force pad for og price at 10.99..buy at a 25% off sale plus add another 10%off that IF you buy 3 or more pads.

Sent from my SM-S901U using TapatalkAutoality as well. They have sales nearly every Wednesday and weekend.

Setec Astronomy
04-18-2024, 09:30 AM

Of course you have to factor in shipping, also. But even here at the AG store, regular prices for 5.5 & 6.5 LC SDO pads are 6.49 and 8.49...if they actually had many of them in stock.

Tbonem3
04-18-2024, 12:31 PM
In my experience, it's best to spend a bit more and go with proven quality. As said above, you can get LC pads for under $10 still, just wait for sale or coupon codes - it's not that hard with venders like Detailedimage who have sales and coupons every week it seems.

Eldorado2k
04-18-2024, 12:40 PM
In my experience, it's best to spend a bit more and go with proven quality. As said above, you can get LC pads for under $10 still, just wait for sale or coupon codes - it's not that hard with venders like Detailedimage who have sales and coupons every week it seems.

You’re preaching to the choir. Lol[emoji6]

Karl_in_Chicago
04-18-2024, 01:31 PM

Yeah, I splurged during a DI sale and got LC SDO 5.5's for $4.70/ea. I always keep a watch out for specific product lines that are worth stockpiling.