PDA

View Full Version : First grass cot of the season.

PA DETAILER
04-07-2024, 03:38 PM
Yea. Every blessed weekend now. LOL. Everything ran well. Grass was really high in places, but the cub cadet did power thru without stalling. The WORX trimmer is still running great.

bill walsh
04-08-2024, 08:23 AM
iam going out now to cut the grass

Desertnate
04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
I've had to cut mine a couple times by now. In years past I'd be mowing every four days or so, but it's been so dry here this winter and spring I only have to worry about it every 7~8.

I actually enjoy doing it and find it rather therapeutic.

Bill D
04-08-2024, 11:38 AM
Wow,every 4 days sometimes is a lot even for here. The most I do is every 5 and that's just in the middle of summer. I find it both therapeutic sometimes and a burden at others.

Desertnate
04-08-2024, 11:57 AM
It's only in the Spring. Our yard has this bluegrass/fescue stuff that goes nuts when it's cool and wet. Several years ago when we'd get rain 2~3 a week in the spring I'd be mowing every four day or so. If I didn't, it would get so long my mower wouldn't be able to get through it. Even then I'd still be leaving clippings on the grass since I mulch my clippings.

Once the temps hit the high 80's low 90's it will slow down a lot. Once temps get over 90, it will start to hibernate which means by early July I'll only be cutting once every 1.5 weeks if our drought weather patterns continue.