PDA

View Full Version : Help finding a terrible detailing video

oneheadlite
03-29-2024, 12:25 PM
Hey Gang

Klasse's post about the Leno detail reminded me that I've been trying to find a video from way back - I know I mentioned not watching bad detailing vids, but this one crosses the threshold where it's so bad it's entertaining.

The video I swear was done by dealership trying to show off their detailing department and what the used car's go through getting prepped for sale. I swear it was a Ford dealership. In the video, highlights included industrial pressure washing the door jams with the doors open and cleaning the radio face and buttons with a brush and so much liquid I swear you could hear it slosh (ok, maybe not that bad, but...).

I should post this on the sister site since I swear that was where I was introduced to it, but thought maybe someone here would have seen it and remembered it.

Bill D
03-29-2024, 12:28 PM
Sounds like something nightmares are made of, it would probably ruin our sleep.

oneheadlite
03-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Sounds like something nightmares are made of, it would probably ruin our sleep.

It's the cousin of the video that made me stop watching detailing videos - A guy was "cleaning carpets" and his trick was to spray straight purple power on the carpets, then add water from a garden hose (no, this wasn't on an old wrangler or a bare bones work truck, it was a standard car). While he was scrubbing the carpets with a brush, you could literally see the standing water move around as he scrubbed. Then he sucked it out with a shop vac.

As a technician whose had to do wiring repairs due to moisture under the carpet (ironically I have one on my hoist as we speak), it was certainly triggering. Fun fact: electrolysis pulls the moisture through the wire as the electrons move, so while you may have a bad connector in one location, the corrosion in the harness can go for feet. And to be able to splice in repair wire, you have to have clean shiny copper without any corrosion. Not a fun endeavor.

Eldorado2k
03-29-2024, 01:58 PM
Is it that video where that asian dude says “I check it, and then I check it again”
Those who understand that joke will know what video I’m referring to. Lol.

Optimus Grime
03-29-2024, 02:19 PM
Seek and you shall find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XzXVbT4lz4

Eldorado2k
03-29-2024, 02:28 PM
Seek and you shall find.

You’ve gotta be kidding me!!!!! IT IS THAT VIDEO!!![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]Lmao!

Holy crap that’s funny!!![emoji1]

dlc95
03-29-2024, 03:22 PM
Haha!

I remember that one too!

chilly
03-29-2024, 04:21 PM
You’ve gotta be kidding me!!!!! IT IS THAT VIDEO!!![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]Lmao!

Holy crap that’s funny!!![emoji1]

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

I seriously have to think that was made as a satire

Eldorado2k
03-29-2024, 04:22 PM
^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Nope. It’s legit. And that dude really checks it again. Lol.

chilly
03-29-2024, 04:36 PM
Nope. It’s legit. And that dude really checks it again. Lol.

I mean I can raise a good lather with a makeup brush and some P&S Express but that is some next level cleaning there

oneheadlite
03-29-2024, 04:36 PM
Seek and you shall find.

Thank you! I couldn’t figure out the right search term to find it.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

I always felt (hoped?) the same, part of why I wanted to watch it again. :D

oneheadlite
03-29-2024, 04:44 PM
I love the 74 pumps per tire of dressing. :wow: :laughing: