PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang vs Menzerna

1LE HAWK
05-02-2008, 01:19 PM
I know that I can't go wrong either way....but would like some advice....

I filled up my shopping cart with the Edge 2000 PC7424HD kit, some PBSSW wash, a detailing bag to keep all the goodies in, but here's where I run into the problem.

Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0, Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 (already have the Wolfgang DGS)...

OR

Menzerna PO83 and 106FF

Which would you buy right now if you were filling your cart?

I know that the Menz will come in larger quantities (32 oz vs 16 oz). But that comes into play when talking about how many cars I would be cleaning (2 minimum....6 or 7 total possible within next two-three months).

Question is this....$25-50 difference roughly between the Menz shopping cart and the Wolfgang shopping cart in the WG's favor. Knowing that I only plan on taking care of two cars for sure...is it worth the extra $100 to have the additional product...or is it worth the extra $25-50 for the Menz product (considering a few threads I've been reading up on note a lot of similarities in the Menz based WG 3.0)???

So long story short....which would you put in your cart right now??

Thanks...
-Matt

Streetlife
05-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Wolfgang 3.0 Total swirl remover and finishing glaze, considering the number of cars you have to work on. I haven't used my set yet, but i was told a little bit goes a long way, so it should last a very long time considering the bottles are 16 ounces. :buffing:

wagonproject
05-02-2008, 04:29 PM
I've been debating this for a few days, change my cart each day. This weekend I'm going to pick one and just order it, lol.

1LE HAWK
05-02-2008, 04:36 PM
It's frustrating isn't it...too much good stuff to order from AG...

Man...I can already see how addicting this place is going to be...

-Matt

MadOzodi
05-02-2008, 04:40 PM
When you're on the phone with customer service and they pull up your order/details/account info and say, "I can see you've placed quite a few orders with us," it's definitely a problem.

I'm positive the UPS delivery guys think I'm insane.

BTW, if it were me doing it all over again, I'd get the Wolfgang 3.0 stuff cuz I've got enough Menzerna and it's keeping me from trying other stuffs!

ScottB
05-03-2008, 08:58 AM
I like the SIP / 106FF combo personally, but the new Wolfgangs are smaller, cheaper, and very similar products. Allows more money for addtl items, and each bottle should last a long time unless you own alot of cars.

WilliamSit
06-11-2008, 04:29 AM
will the SIP/106FF degrade rapidly if it takes a long time to use up the whole bottle and sit in storage?

budman3
06-11-2008, 08:22 AM
The Wolfgang twins are more user friendly than Menzerna. I have used the Menz several times now and haven't had any dusting or difficulties except when I first tried it when the temp was 45 degrees. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong, it depends on the quantity.

Matt S.
06-11-2008, 08:52 AM
FWIW, the PO83 will have a bit more cutting ability than WG TSR 3.0. Take this into consideration as well as the severity of defects / clearcoat harness on the cars you will be polishing. As mentioned above, user friendliness goes to Wolfgang, but you'll get great results with either one.

Bunky
06-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Can you compare the cut of WG FG 3.0 the new Pinnacle Advance Finishing Polish vs 106FF?

67Customs
06-11-2008, 11:43 AM
I can tell you that you wont be disappointed with Menzerna if you do chose to go that route.