PDA

View Full Version : What to do a couple of years after CSL and EXO

Ben4
02-25-2024, 10:48 AM
Hi folks,

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I’d really appreciate some advice!

I did CSL on a full fat RR 2/3 years ago, followed by two coats of EXO V2.

Obvs it’s been a while and I can feel contamination on the paint despite always washing with Gtechniq ceramic and finishing with ceramic spray. I can also see water marks.

What’s the best way to deal with this, I’m concerned that buffing will remove any residual CSL (tell me if I’m being dumb expecting it to last that long). If I I buff, do I need to do it all over again (it took me 3/4 days!!!)? Or just top up with EXO?

Thanks!!

Texchappy
02-25-2024, 10:54 AM
Have you done any decon washes? Can’t remember the number for it but Gtechnic (like most coating systems) has a water spot remover. However, after two years, I don’t think it would be a great loss to start over.

Coatingsarecrack
02-26-2024, 03:05 AM
Look into Labocosmetica 3PH Wash. if that doesn’t bring it back its polish and recoat.

If paints good shape I would give a light quick polish and recoat. The CSL is prolly gone I haven’t really heard anyone getting more than 3 years with that Combo.

Look into Gyeon’s new Evo coatings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruno Soares
02-26-2024, 07:18 AM
2 or 3 years it’s time to re-do. Quick polish and apply fresh coating.

Desertnate
02-26-2024, 09:54 AM
2 or 3 years it’s time to re-do. Quick polish and apply fresh coating.

Agree. At this point it's not worth going through the hassle of a multi-step decon. Bite the bullet, polish it off, and apply a new coating.

After that length of time, not only is the coating likely on the decline, but the car has seen a lot of life and the environment. You've probably got a few swirls or rids and the coating probably just doesn't have quite the gloss it once did.

I've been surprised by how much better a car looked after polishing and re-doing a coating when I thought the previous coating was still working well and looking good.

Ben4
02-26-2024, 05:40 PM
Have you done any decon washes? Can’t remember the number for it but Gtechnic (like most coating systems) has a water spot remover. However, after two years, I don’t think it would be a great loss to start over.

Thanks, I’ll take a look!

Ben4
02-26-2024, 05:41 PM
Thanks very much. I guess I was worried about polishing and risking either damaging or only partly removing the CSL but it sounds like it won’t still be there anyway!

Ben4
02-26-2024, 05:44 PM
Thanks. When I did the car originally, it was terrible - I did a 3 stage correction. It’s not bad now but defo some marks. Do you think I need to be worried about another polish on the top coast after a 3 stage correction? Much appreciated!

Desertnate
02-27-2024, 09:39 AM
Thanks. When I did the car originally, it was terrible - I did a 3 stage correction. It’s not bad now but defo some marks. Do you think I need to be worried about another polish on the top coast after a 3 stage correction? Much appreciated!

There are a lot of variables here. What type of car it it? How old is the car? How aggressive did you get with the 3-step correction?

It takes very little to polish off a coating. I normally give my vehicles very light one-step each time I refresh the coating using the lightest possible combination of pad/liquid to knock out any light defects in the paint.