PDA

View Full Version : Auto geek phasing out iconic ‘Blonde hair mascot’

Eric7810
02-13-2024, 09:46 PM
Log onto their online store… their new, bland, plain-lettered logo adorns their page, devoid of personality.

So long soon, old friend..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setec Astronomy
02-13-2024, 11:00 PM
Well, he's still here. He has a name, I can't remember what it is, though.

VISITOR
02-14-2024, 12:44 AM
take care Ivan Karstuff...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1844/Wayne_Carini_Shop_Call_Autogeek_069c.jpg

TTQ B4U
02-14-2024, 05:51 AM
Agree. Not sure that's a good move for them. There are personalities and images from a branding perspective that should just remain in place. To me, that's one of them.

Desertnate
02-14-2024, 08:45 AM
I don't mind a branding re-fresh from time to time and companies need to do it. When they updated the branding at Autopia I really liked the refresh. In fact, I still wear a T-shirt I won in a giveaway they did to celebrate the change. That was a proper update.

Honestly, I've never liked the blond guy on the logo. It made no sense to me and always looked a little dated, even 10 years ago. The new update is a real snooze and lacks any character or anything tying the brand back to the automotive world.

BudgetPlan1
02-14-2024, 11:19 AM
Some design firm likely collected a nice fee for designing the new logo. Maybe the ones that did KIA a few years ago?

Desertnate
02-14-2024, 11:40 AM
KIA? You mean that new brand called KN with the backwards N? :D

Setec Astronomy
02-14-2024, 11:56 AM
KIA? You mean that new brand called KN with the backwards N? :D

The first time I saw that on a vehicle it took me a while to actually figure out it said "Kia", as you allude to I was trying to figure out who this new mfr. was. Companies that do logos that you can't read don't really seem to understand the point of a logo (of course except the ones that aren't supposed to spell out the name of the company).