PDA

View Full Version : Where to go?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Azure
02-08-2024, 12:54 PM
So, are there any other auto detailing forums anywhere else? Just wondering where I might find everyone when the AGO forum finally goes away someday.

Bill D
02-08-2024, 01:07 PM
Autopia, once the largest detailing forum,is now even worse. Seems like folks abandoned forums for social media-- one outlet where you'll never find me

Klasse Act
02-08-2024, 01:11 PM
I've had it explained to me MANY times, maybe I'm too dense but more than likely too stubborn to understand why FaceSpace is better than this forum right here [emoji848]

Everything you need is here and established, a perfect circle, so how is FaceSpace better[emoji39][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

BudgetPlan1
02-08-2024, 01:24 PM
I've had it explained to me MANY times, maybe I'm too dense but more than likely too stubborn to understand why FaceSpace is better than this forum right here [emoji848]

Everything you need is here and established, a perfect circle, so how is FaceSpace better[emoji39][emoji848]

I think much of it is "Quick & Easy" as evidenced by Instagram/Twitter format. No 'long form' interaction, short and sweet is the order of the day. Car Forums are still somewhat popular but the audience is aging I believe. Methinks the younger generations only want to use 'outlets' where instant gratification is possible. Because when you just ran someone over while doing doughnuts in a busy intersection during a 'takeover', you want to get the word out fast at how awesome you are!

Klasse Act
02-08-2024, 02:24 PM
I think much of it is "Quick & Easy" as evidenced by Instagram/Twitter format. No 'long form' interaction, short and sweet is the order of the day. Car Forums are still somewhat popular but the audience is aging I believe. Methinks the younger generations only want to use 'outlets' where instant gratification is possible. Because when you just ran someone over while doing doughnuts in a busy intersection during a 'takeover', you want to get the word out fast at how awesome you are!I guess having never used that form of social media I don't get it, my brain finds something that works and is easy and I'm good[emoji6][emoji56]

MisterSnoop
02-08-2024, 10:18 PM

It's fine for now but how long will that be the case? I think Azure is just suggesting an escape plan in case that happens without warning. Can't say that's a bad idea.

Coatingsarecrack
02-09-2024, 12:34 AM
Mike Phillips and DetailWorld UK only ones I know left

There’s one called detailers cafe on TapaTalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
02-09-2024, 05:35 AM
It's fine for now but how long will that be the case? I think Azure is just suggesting an escape plan in case that happens without warning. Can't say that's a bad idea.Oh yeah for sure[emoji6]

Bill D
02-09-2024, 09:11 AM
Rack up the e mails of your favorite members here and continue communication that way.

Silly Rabbit
02-09-2024, 10:08 AM
As said above, I'm on Mike P's forum, and also Meguiars. Does Adam's still have one??

Bill D
02-09-2024, 11:05 AM
I’ll also be on Autopia until that also dies.

01GreyStangGT
02-09-2024, 12:30 PM
As said above, I'm on Mike P's forum, and also Meguiars. Does Adam's still have one??

Adams still does.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Azure
02-09-2024, 12:45 PM

Looks like the Adam's forum is still around. When I took a look, it was not very active. MisterSnoop is correct, I was looking for the pull-cord's location lol. Facebook is poo for anytime you want to search for something. When I had my 04 Mach 1, I retrieved gobs of info about som many detailed items with the car just by going to the mach1registery.org forum and searching. So handy, and being able to comment on a 10 year old post with a question would surface answers from users still active on the site. Forums are just so much better for all this kinda stuff. I just joined Autopia, but haven't gotten activated just yet.

01GreyStangGT
02-09-2024, 04:37 PM
There is a detailing discord that has about 4,000 users. It has product reviews, how tos, business info, and show and tell pages. It’s become huge and probably the closest I’ve seen to this and autopia from back in the day.

Auto Detailing (https://discord.gg/autodetailing)

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

PaulMys
02-09-2024, 07:32 PM
Rack up the e mails of your favorite members here and continue communication that way.

I just posted in another thread to PM phone numbers if anyone was interested.

Texting each other is instant, and I have a handful of GREAT guys from AGO that I text and call regularly.

I realize that isn't for everyone, but I'm wide open to it if you are one of my buds on here. (That goes DOUBLE for you, Flash Gordon!!). :righton: