PDA

View Full Version : Dilute or not to dilute? That is the question.

DanaDetailingPros
02-03-2024, 01:49 AM
Curious to hear what products you have good luck with diluting?
I have always used Brake Buster straight. Curious if you dilute yours?
I'm sure there are other products as well that work well diluted.

DFB
02-03-2024, 03:31 AM
I'm sure there are other products as well that work well diluted.

I only dilute if the company intended the product to be diluted. Naturally, you wouldn't want to be using highly concentrated APC's and degreasers neat, and some tire dressing become too glossy or sling prone without dilution, say Meg's Hyper Dressing.

As for Brake Buster, I seem to ruffle feathers here, but unless it's running out of a foam cannon for convenience, I always use it neat. If you look up P&S's product listing and SDS for Brake Buster, there is simply no mention of diluting the product. Even the Rag Company who advocate diluting it don't publish this information in writing.

Brake Buster Total Wheel Cleaner – P & S Detail Products (https://psdetailproducts.com/collections/wheel-and-tire-cleaners/products/brake-buster-doubleblack-collection)
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0026/8763/1409/files/SDS_Brake_Buster.pdf?v=1597875742
P&S Detail Products - Brake Buster Wheel Cleaner | The Rag Company (https://theragcompany.com/products/ps-detail-products-brake-buster?_pos=1&_psq=brak&_ss=e&_v=1.0)

That doesn't mean you can't dilute Brake Buster, but why diminish it's ability by watering it down? The notion of diluting it to create a great "maintenance" product, to that I suggest using car wash soap instead. It will be kinder on the wheels and any protection on them, and kinder on your hands and lungs. You also diminish the corrosion inhibitors within Brake Buster by dilution as well.

I say all that because I always hear people complaining about Brake Buster's lack of ultimate cleaning ability, but then admit to diluting it at 10:1. Granted, there are stronger wheel and tyre cleaners on the market, but the notion of diluting it and then noting a lack of cleaning performance is somewhat strange to me.

Prange
02-03-2024, 08:12 AM
UWW works great in various dilution ratios. Great product.

Klasse Act
02-03-2024, 08:47 AM
I'm sure there are other products as well that work well diluted.I ALWAYS dilute Brake Buster 3:1 for use in my IK Foam Pro 9.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

DanaDetailingPros
02-03-2024, 02:20 PM
UWW stands for?

Klasse Act
02-03-2024, 03:00 PM
UWW stands for?Uber Waterless Wash

MidnightNarwhal
02-03-2024, 03:44 PM
I tend to follow the instructions from the manufacturer if I want to get a dilutable product. When I had Brake Buster for my wheel cleaner though, I did have it diluted but then with how cheap it was, I started using it full strength and noticed better performance obviously. Now I have Optimum Power Clean and use that for my wheel cleaning along with Iron X if I need it.

And yeah like DFB mentioned, I just use car wash soap alone if I do maintenance wash of my wheels that don't require more powerful cleaner so diluting my brake buster just didn't seem the right choice.

DanaDetailingPros
02-03-2024, 05:50 PM
I agree with all the above.
I just read this on the description and it had me wondering...

Can be used straight from the bottle or diluted in a foam sprayer. This product can be diluted in any foam sprayer to create a generous foram that easily lifts first, brake dust, and road contaminants from the wheel and tire.

Prange
02-05-2024, 08:25 AM
Uber Waterless Wash

Nope. It's Ultima Waterless Wash.77136

Klasse Act
02-05-2024, 08:27 AM
Nope. It's Ultima Waterless Wash.77136Oh yeah[emoji39][emoji56]

Desertnate
02-05-2024, 08:36 AM
I'm with the others: I only dilute the products if the manufacturer provides the ratios. I may not follow them exactly, but I will dilute.

I do dilute a few products, but that's because they come as a concentrate. Poortboys Bug Squash and APC and CarPro ECH2O are a couple examples.

I'll also dilute CarPro PERL 50/50. I've found whether I'm using it on tires or engine bay plastics, it seems to appy and is actually more durable at that ration rather than full strength.

Urmil
02-12-2024, 02:23 PM
I dilute Adams Wheel and Tire Cleaner 2:1. I drive a hybrid, rims are fully ceramic coated, and don't usually get too dirty. Adams diluted 2:1 seems to be just as effective for me as using it undiluted.

To be honest, I could probably get away with using any basic PH neutral car soap to clean my rims but I really like Adams wheel and tire cleaner.

Tbonem3
02-12-2024, 06:24 PM
I dilute P&S xpresscleaner 1:1 (50/50)
I dilute Wolfgang uber sio2 WW .33oz to 16oz h2o
I dilute Gyeon Cure 1:1

Coatingsarecrack
02-13-2024, 04:33 AM
I dilute concentrates pretty much it.

Don’t like P&S BB diluted.

I dilute P&S Xpress 40/60 (60 % water)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk