PDA

View Full Version : Choosing the Right Protective Products for a New Car

uriel250
01-20-2024, 07:50 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm in the process of planning the protection routine for my new car (2024) and would love some advice.

I'm currently considering Gyeon Mohs Evo for ceramic coating, following a comprehensive surface preparation that includes clay treatment and a light polish.

Additionally, I'm exploring glass sealant options, such as those offered by Griot's Garage.

Now, I'm facing a bit of a dilemma.

Should I also apply interior protectants like leather and fabric coatings for seats and carpets? interior UV plastic protection?
What about trim coatings like Gyeon Q2 Trim? Is it better to wait until plastic starts fading after 2-3 years?
I might be overthinking it, but I live in a very hot country, if that matters.

I'm a bit hesitant about applying too many chemicals to my new car, as it feels like I might be "overdoing" it.
Any insights or recommendations?

Thanks!

vaced
01-20-2024, 08:04 PM
Should I also apply interior protectants like leather and fabric coatings for seats and carpets? interior UV plastic protection?
What about trim coatings like Gyeon Q2 Trim? Is it better to wait until plastic starts fading after 2-3 years?

In my opinion, yes.

Once things fade/degrade/etc they often cannot be restored to the same state. If applying something safe and easy will prevent/reduce that degradation is an option, I don't see a downside.

:)

DFB
01-21-2024, 01:39 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm in the process of planning the protection routine for my new car (2024) and would love some advice.

I'm currently considering Gyeon Mohs Evo for ceramic coating, following a comprehensive surface preparation that includes clay treatment and a light polish.

Additionally, I'm exploring glass sealant options, such as those offered by Griot's Garage.

Now, I'm facing a bit of a dilemma.

I'm a bit hesitant about applying too many chemicals to my new car, as it feels like I might be "overdoing" it.
Any insights or recommendations?

Thanks!

I would skip specific coatings for trim, just use Mohs.

I would also avoid leather coatings.

Glass, I would use specific coatings for that to better deal with wiper abrasion.

uriel250
01-21-2024, 03:20 AM
I would skip specific coatings for trim, just use Mohs.

I would also avoid leather coatings.

Glass, I would use specific coatings for that to better deal with wiper abrasion.

Should I use Mohs on trim? Gyeon says NOT to use it on trim/plastics.

Coatingsarecrack
01-21-2024, 11:36 PM
I know Cerakote paint coating has a bad rap but there trim coating is gangster! Two+ years and going. I wouldn’t coat new trim though. Wait at least a year. I wouldn’t wait for it to fade.

For me lasted longer than a paint coating on trim.

If you coat glass use a glass coating and you’ll be happy with any Gyeon coating on paint.

I used a glass bottle leather coating don’t know what f I’d buy again. I love Pinnacle Black Label Leather & Vinyl coating (not a real coating more like a strong sealant) for everyrhing interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk