PDA

View Full Version : Paint Transfer

Oldern Dirt
01-03-2024, 05:07 PM
I have what appears to be some "paint transfer" to my truck from someone who doesn't know how to park!😡 On the passenger side at the left rear wheel opening I have what I would call some Paint Transfer from a white vehicle to my Tacoma. There's no physical damage to the truck just white "paint?" on the wheel opening. Is there something I can use to remove the paint and not damage the paint on my truck?

PaulMys
01-03-2024, 05:16 PM
If it just happened, you might want to try clay. I doubt it would fully remove it, but worth a try.

Next, you could try to machine polish it.

If those two do not work, then maybe a solvent soak. Last step would be to lightly wet sand and polish afterward.

MisterSnoop
01-03-2024, 08:29 PM
Hand waxing could work as well. I did this with Griot's Fast Correcting Cream and their hand waxing kithttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240104/fb77da5117b7d26f1e6ae78ccd06b216.jpg

KirkH
01-05-2024, 10:25 AM
My process would be to try:
1. detail spray
2. claybar
3. polishing
4. sanding

Forty
01-05-2024, 11:58 AM
I would try a paint cleaner. I have removed paint transfer using that with a microfiber applicator. Works very well.

Paul A.
01-07-2024, 10:45 AM
My approach to paint transfer...

I have ALWAYS wanted to remove something on top of the paint with a chemical cleaner or clay. My favorite is Duragloss 501. I do this first and see if after there are any scratches in or below the paint i can adress later.

It doesn't make sense to sand or compound transfers because you thin the clearcoat unaffected beyond the transfer.

After paint transfer is completely removed you can then evaluate any scratches or marring with more aggression.