PDA

View Full Version : Which product do you still use by Chemical Guys?

Pages : [1] 2 3

DanaDetailingPros
01-02-2024, 03:29 PM
I thought this would be funny considering allot of us way back in the day bought products from them. Now we talk about them like there Armor all.
But I still use there Mr.Pink for an everyday wash, nothing special. And also the VRP for exactly the same situation. My simple econo wash. I save the good stuff for my details.

Eldorado2k
01-02-2024, 03:33 PM
Chemical Guys Grey Matter waffle weave towel. Those are my glass towels. I have several. One for cleaning, a dry one for drying. IMO there’s no better glass towel.

That’s the only Chemical Guys product I think I’ve ever purchased.

Big Dave
01-02-2024, 04:21 PM
I like the Monster Fluff Plush MF Applicator for applying TWHS Inside Job. Fits my hand well, one side for application and the other for buffing. I've also got some Happy Ending Edgeless MF Towels, but I've found them a bit grabby, and they seem to leave some lint behind, I think I need to find an alternative use, maybe RW.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
01-02-2024, 04:47 PM
Signature scent

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Coatingsarecrack
01-03-2024, 02:42 AM
Gerbil wheel tool. I got my Wheel woolies through them cuz they had the 3 pack with coupons for $29.99.
Rubber Matt cleaner just use up. Not bad but not special…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BudgetPlan1
01-03-2024, 05:26 AM
Silk Shine Interior has a wonderful scent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PouncingPanzer
01-03-2024, 08:15 AM
I bought two Wooly Mammonth towels and the accompanying bathrobe like 10 years ago. All three are 100% still... the towels are unparalleled in quality from what I can tell as they were the first dedicated drying towels I ever bought and still use them. No lint. Not a spec. Unlike recently purchased Rag Company towels......ugh.

I also JUST finished a bottle of VRP that was probably 5 years old. Replacing with Opti-Gel. I like VRP on interiors still, just doesn't last on exterior anything for more than a couple washes.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Optimus Grime
01-03-2024, 01:04 PM
Their gray waffle weave drying towels are my favorite for applying a drying aid after using the leaf blower. I've got some VRP diluted 1:4 in a bottle that I use for engine bay dressing and for wheel wells. I have their water spot remover although it is taking up shelf space. It works but it's the least user friendly water spot remover I've used.

Azure
01-03-2024, 01:11 PM
I still have a tiny bit left of nonsense all purpose cleaner. Love that for my interior.

joebruin77
01-03-2024, 02:58 PM
I am finishing up a gallon bottle of Inner Clean. It cleans decently and I like the pineapple-ish scent.

I do like their red waffle weave glass towels as well as their microfiber wash pads. I like the size and weight of the wash pads a lot.

Unfortunately, a very old bottle of Jet Seal is sitting in my "to be taken to the disposal site" pile.

Rsurfer
01-03-2024, 06:01 PM
CG Bare Bones for plastic fender wells. Just spray and walk away..no wiping and the smell is awesome.

PouncingPanzer
01-04-2024, 08:11 AM
Their gray waffle weave drying towels are my favorite for applying a drying aid after using the leaf blower. I've got some VRP diluted 1:4 in a bottle that I use for engine bay dressing and for wheel wells. I have their water spot remover although it is taking up shelf space. It works but it's the least user friendly water spot remover I've used.Ok so I was excited to try VRP at 1:4 for stuff like that but it turns out splotchy for me and I end up having to go over with a black MF towel anyways. What's your secret? I have enough left to make one more batch to try.

PouncingPanzer
01-04-2024, 08:12 AM
CG Bare Bones for plastic fender wells. Just spray and walk away..no wiping and the smell is awesome.I found that when living in farm country it just attracted loads of dust when I used it.

mc2hill
01-04-2024, 11:41 AM
I tried a few of their products over 10 years ago and switched to something that worked better. I do still have some Celeste Dettaglio paste wax that I got for working (actually mostly sitting for 3 hours) in the Chemical Guys booth at Detail Fest many years ago. The 2 company reps (maybe one was the owner) wanted party in Miami Saturday night and did not want to come back to Stuart to be in the booth on the Sunday...

Rsurfer
01-04-2024, 04:40 PM
I found that when living in farm country it just attracted loads of dust when I used it.

Then you need a water based dressing like Meguiars Hyper Dressing.