PDA

View Full Version : Salt brine dissolving/neutralizing options for those that can only do rinseless washes

ryno920
12-05-2023, 02:08 PM
My main concern is the undercarriage. Does anyone have any suggestions of products that can be applied with a spray bottle or pump sprayer, doesn't require agitation, and doesn't only come in commercial/industrial quantities?

I don't have access to a hose or foam cannon so my only options are rinseless washes and the local coin-op. Even using the coin-op sprayer, the brine solution seems to cling to my coated paint, I can only image how little effect the sprayer had on the undercarriage.

I see lots of recommendations for Bilt Hamber Touchless, but this looks hard to find in the US. If I can find it, would it be effective to apply to the undercarriage with a spray bottle and rinse off at a coin-op? I've also seen recommendations for Eastwood Road Salt Neutralizer, but I can only find gallon concentrates, which is probably way more than I need. I couldn't find any salt specific products on Autogeek.

Setec Astronomy
12-05-2023, 08:42 PM
How are you going to spray the undercarriage with a spray bottle? Other members will chime in, but the only way I've found to get the film off (the paint) that remains after pressure washing is with a contact wash, in your situation that would be your rinseless.

Optimus Grime
12-05-2023, 10:02 PM
One of the guys from the rag company mentioned that Brake Buster can be used to clean undercarriages. It has corrosion inhibitors that will aid in protecting it from further damage. There’s still the question of how will you spray it on the undercarriage and then how will you wash it. Without some kind of sprayer with a long wand and an undercarriage washer hooked up to a pressure washer I don’t know how you’ll accomplish this.

John U
12-06-2023, 10:32 AM
You need to apply a coating like Crown in Canada uses that is applied yearly.

DUBL0WS6
12-07-2023, 12:17 AM
The best thing to do is spray off at a coin op after every snow storm.