PDA

View Full Version : Cobra MF scratching?

cannondalemr
04-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Hello all I have a question regarding the best way to remove product. This evening I was trying out all my new Menzerna stuff and I was noticing that when I was wiping off the haze my Cobra MF was leaving small scratches in the finish. What am I doing wrong. The towels are clean so I have no idea.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

budman3
04-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Do you think that it is possible that what you are seeing is actually left over oils from the polish that looks like scratches? Did you fully break down the polish so there isn't a lot to wipe off? What kind of vehicle are you working on -- Honda's = soft = more susceptible to marring.

cannondalemr
04-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Im working on a VW Touareg and it is completly possible that it is oils and I didnt break down the polish enough....they are so light I cant get my camera to take a decent picture.

MadOzodi
04-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Wipedown with Isopropyl Alcohol and see if they're still there. If so, you may have to make another pass.

vinnier6
05-01-2008, 07:54 AM
i think my mf cloths induce some swirl marks from time to time...inbetween my polishing with udm and hand laid nxt, i have used spray nxt to keep the just waxed look...i only use it after a wash and dry, then i use my compressor to blow off any dust prior to using the spray nxt...i spray the nxt onto a microfibre and wipe on with one and wipe off with another...i can see some signs of micro swirls...oh well...i guess a few months of that and it will be time for another pass with the udm....

budman3
05-01-2008, 08:36 AM
A good test to see if it is the MFs that are doing 'scratching' - wipe or rub them on the back of an old CD. If it scratches, maybe you should find a different brand of MF towel. For polishes that are difficult to remove (or oily) use a very thin nap towel, like an edgeless towel. The thick nap towels don't do a good job at polish removal, IMO.

ScottB
05-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Test the towel .... I personally always wash mine first and never had an issue.

dublifecrisis
05-01-2008, 08:14 PM
could it also be some of the dust from the menzerna being pulled across under the towel. the dust can scratch too from what i'm told