PDA

View Full Version : how did i mess up? skipped IPA wipe

gregory1420
11-23-2023, 06:22 PM
how bad did i mess up? i pulled my wheels and cleaned them 3 times with adams tire and wheel cleaner then cleaned them with Iron X and then cleaned them one more time with adams tire and wheel cleaner. then let them sit for a couple hours and once they were dry i coated them with Armour detail supply wheel coating but forgot to clean them with a IPA before coating them. how bad did i mess up any chance the coating will stay?

Rsurfer
11-23-2023, 06:39 PM
If it beads I wouldn't worry about it.

Texchappy
11-23-2023, 06:41 PM
I wouldn’t be as worried since you didn’t polish them. Won’t be any polish oils left behind to prevent adherence.

gregory1420
11-23-2023, 06:43 PM
I wouldn’t be as worried since you didn’t polish them. Won’t be any polish oils left behind to prevent adherence.

kinda what i was thinking man if there is any oils left on those wheels i would be surprised..

Sizzle Chest
11-23-2023, 06:56 PM
I think you should be fine, those wheels sound like they were CLEAN!!!

Eric7810
12-07-2023, 08:23 AM
I’ve skipped IPA coating whole vehicles before and they still bead water 9 months later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desertnate
12-07-2023, 09:00 AM
If it beads I wouldn't worry about it.

I think you should be fine, those wheels sound like they were CLEAN!!!

My thoughts too. Unless the Adams product left some form of residue, you've got nothing to worry about. Even then, I still wouldn't worry about it. At worst it will lessen the durability of the coating a bit and at best there is no impact at all.

I coated a set of wheels for my car this summer and I'm pretty sure I only hit them with the wheel cleaner and applied the coating. 5+ months later they are still doing great.

Prange
12-07-2023, 09:24 AM
It'll be fine. Worry about it in the Spring.