PDA

View Full Version : A question to the Australians on the forum.

opie
11-16-2023, 05:32 AM
Off topic and not detailing related for sure. Anyone of yinz have issues with telcom services recently that reportedly went down?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

DFB
11-16-2023, 05:35 AM
Off topic and not detailing related for sure. Anyone of yinz have issues with telcom services recently that reportedly went down?

That would be Optus, which I have an account with. Other than having no service for about 9 hours, I've had no issues to note.

Big Dave
11-16-2023, 06:08 AM
It didn't affect me, I'm with a different network provider. The company this happened to, Optus, has had a bad run recently. A year ago they got hacked, private information of over 9 million current and former customers got stolen and probably sold on the dark web. Then the other day an update crashed their network, lots of business customers were badly affected, no contact with customers, no internet, they couldn't take any payments from customers, I smell a class action lawsuit coming. There was another one today about them giving a new customer a current customers cell number, so they were receiving each other's calls and text messages at the same time, including private medical and banking information. I didn't think that was possible.

Telstra is our biggest telecom provider, they have the biggest network and the best coverage, but they do charge for it. They also have their own issues, they provided our home phone when we lived in Sydney, but they connected it wrong, so we were getting calls for a guy that lived in country Victoria ( that's a different state) for 6 months, no matter how much we complained they couldn't fix it.

I'm with Vodafone, an international company, probably the 3rd largest telecom in Australia, they don't have great coverage in rural areas, but good enough where I am, and they're not as expensive as the other two.

Probably more info than you wanted, but hey, I'm a sharer.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

opie
11-16-2023, 11:32 AM
Probably more info than you wanted, but hey, I'm a sharer.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Not at all, very helpful, thanks to both of yinz. I understand it better now. I now know that it was not all comunications down but just one provider.
Thankyou