PDA

View Full Version : CERAKOTE enters the Auto Ceramic Coating Market

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

CleanIT
11-02-2023, 10:11 AM
CERAKOTE® PROFESSIONAL CERAMIC PAINT COATING APPLICATION GUIDE - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkijkxA-Y1Y)

Cures in 2 hours. Can be washed in 24 hours.

"We are resetting the conversation on longevity because the professional paint coating industry needs to be transparent with professional detailers like yourself and your valued customers. The reality is that no two vehicles experience the same climate and care, which affects measuring longevity in years. Consider these factors: • Hand wash vs. tunnel wash• Garaged vs. parked outside• Located in Florida vs. MinnesotaCerakote has been producing the world’s leading ceramic coatings for over two decades. Our goal is simple, produce the best ceramic coatings in the world and set the correct expectations for all our products. The trap of misleading claims has hurt our industry, which is why we are resetting the conversation on longevity. Our 500+ wash test is setting a clear benchmark. We guarantee if you are not satisfied with our products, simply give us a call and we will either replace the product for free or give you your money back."

Tbonem3
11-02-2023, 03:29 PM
On their site, it's listed as "professional" - I would assume the coating is not much different than other coatings like from Carpro/Gyeon for example.

Anyway, it's listed at $100, but the photos always show a pair of 30ml bottles. There's no mention of quanity. As far as I can tell, it's 2 x 30ml bottle for $100.

I don't like that they don't provide important info like quantity, water contact angle, silica content %, flash time/removal time, durability expectation.

I'd rather get a known winner like Gyeon Mohs or Pure evo, 50ml, for $85.

I'm more interested in their "lite" coating spray that's showing as $17 right now. I wonder if it's like Cancoat or Wolfgang uber csc or if it's more like the other $20-40/bottle "sio2" sprays.

CleanIT
11-02-2023, 03:33 PM
On their site, it's listed as "professional" - I would assume the coating is not much different than other coatings like from Carpro/Gyeon for example.

Anyway, it's listed at $100, but the photos always show a pair of 30ml bottles. There's no mention of quanity. As far as I can tell, it's 2 x 30ml bottle for $100, but I doubt that's truly the case.

I'm more interested in their "lite" coating spray that's showing as $17 right now. I wonder if it's like Cancoat or Wolfgang uber csc or if it's more like the other $20-40/bottle "sio2" sprays.

The Rapid Ceramic Paint Sealant is more like the other Sio2 spray sealants. It beads very well initially but it's not nearly as durable as Can Coat.

Tbonem3
11-02-2023, 03:33 PM
Not surprising, thanks

Uncbrs
11-02-2023, 11:35 PM

Anyway, it's listed at $100, but the photos always show a pair of 30ml bottles. There's no mention of quanity. As far as I can tell, it's 2 x 30ml bottle for $100.

I don't like that they don't provide important info like quantity, water contact angle, silica content %, flash time/removal time, durability expectation.

I'd rather get a known winner like Gyeon Mohs or Pure evo, 50ml, for $85.

I'm more interested in their "lite" coating spray that's showing as $17 right now. I wonder if it's like Cancoat or Wolfgang uber csc or if it's more like the other $20-40/bottle "sio2" sprays.If you stick it in your cart, you'll notice right now they're cutting the price by 40%. Shipping isn't bad or add another item and it's free shipping. This is all an intro deal so not sure how long it'll last.

2x30ml for $67 shipped isn't bad

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

PeteT19640
11-14-2023, 09:51 PM
Anyone tried this yet?

Uncbrs
11-14-2023, 10:10 PM
Anyone tried this yet?I think the shipping times are all pushed back a few weeks. Might not be anyone that even has it in their hands just yet.

PeteT19640
11-27-2023, 02:50 AM
I think the shipping times are all pushed back a few weeks. Might not be anyone that even has it in their hands just yet.

Ok thanks for that.
Was thinking of trying it next year, January.

Uncbrs
11-27-2023, 03:30 AM
Ok thanks for that.
Was thinking of trying it next year, January.I'm now seeing photos show up on social media of people receiving theirs. If you order now, January should be very feasible. Be sure to report back if you do use it!

fastfreddy
12-02-2023, 12:44 PM
I have tried it on all the windows, did a polish and IPA wash - super slick and super hydrophobic indeed.

PouncingPanzer
12-04-2023, 04:51 AM
Their product has held up well on my Gen5 G34MOS.

CleanIT
12-04-2023, 09:06 AM
Looked extremely hydrophobic in Pan's video. I like that they aren't going by years for longevity but washes instead.

briarpatch
12-05-2023, 06:32 AM
Just got mine....it was free. I looked up a few videos (including Pan's). It appears very easy to apply, and has very good slickness and hydrophobics. Durability is the question to be answered. Jimbo reviewed it...and did a 'torture test' to check out how well it will hold up. It did not seem to fare very well in his test, but I'm not a huge fan of that type of testing. My plan is to test it out on a relative's vehicle, and then maintaining the same way I would any coated vehicle and see how it does.

CleanIT
12-05-2023, 08:46 AM
Just got mine....it was free. I looked up a few videos (including Pan's). It appears very easy to apply, and has very good slickness and hydrophobics. Durability is the question to be answered. Jimbo reviewed it...and did a 'torture test' to check out how well it will hold up. It did not seem to fare very well in his test, but I'm not a huge fan of that type of testing. My plan is to test it out on a relative's vehicle, and then maintaining the same way I would any coated vehicle and see how it does.

That guy Jimbo gets poor results with most products. Not sure what his deal is but he has application issues IMO. I've seen his videos in the past on Megs HCD and other products where his results differ greatly from the majority of other YT testers. However, this product is too new to know much about at this point.

Coatingsarecrack
12-07-2023, 02:14 AM
If it’s like their trim coat it will be a huge winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk