PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Newer Generation of Sealant?

noturavgM
10-23-2023, 10:57 AM
Curious for everyone's take on their favorite newer generation of sealants.

Just finished my wife's CX5 winter prep, and am now staring at the abject horror that is the black paint on my M3 track car, wondering if it's high time to try some new products.

I've used M21 (and 845, or 845 atop M21) on most of the vehicles in my family for many many years now, but feel the new stuff has likely eclipsed that tech by a large margin.

I don't want to do a coating, so some of the SiO2 sealants are probably where I'd land.

Any favorites among M27, WG's SiO2, Jescar Ultralock, etc, type sealants? Or are they basically six of one half dozen of the other?

Thanks.

Forty
10-23-2023, 11:44 AM
Both Wolfgang Sio2 and Jescar ultra lock provide about the same durability (4-6 months). Gloss is about the same also. Both are very easy to use, application and removal. Wolfgang has a more watery consistency. You can’t go wrong with either sealant. Top either one with Jescar ceramic spray wax once a month for added durability.

Silly Rabbit
10-23-2023, 02:41 PM
I have been using, and liking, M27 for almost 3 years now. I really like it. I have been using it thrown in with Megs other similar family of products, M799, Ceramic Detailer, Hybrid Ceramic Spray wax, and Ceramic Wash & Wax. I can't compare M27 to the others, but I enjoy the smell, application process, gloss, water beading effects, etc.

I personally think all of them would fall in the same realm of things.

dlc95
10-23-2023, 03:19 PM
Jescar Ultra Lock Plus is a beauty.

briarpatch
10-23-2023, 03:46 PM
Jescar Ultra Lock Plus is a beauty.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^

craigdt
10-23-2023, 11:33 PM
I like the Sonus Ion sealant.

Suuuuper easy to remove and really slick.