PDA

View Full Version : rubber mark

Pitch Black
04-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Greetings, fellow car detailing nuts. :joking:

I need a little advice. I have a 3m bra on my 07 TSX. What a great product to have!! Last Friday as I was driving home from work on the interstate evidentially a tire on a rig just up the road was separating the flying off. I managed to miss all the pieces of rubber except for one. The rubber hit the very bottom of the front bumper. As soon as, I got home I checked out the situation. There is a 4 inch long black mark on the 3m material. The paint wasn’t damaged but I would like to remove the black mark. If this had happened to the painted surface I would have just clayed the area and used a rubbing compound if necessary. I certainly don’t want to use these products on the 3m material. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the black mark off the 3m? The mark has gotten smaller since I washed the car but the small black blemish bugs me.

Can anyone give me some advice?

MadOzodi
04-30-2008, 10:33 AM
I have a different manufacturer's clear bra. It recommends Plexus to clean it. I've used Klasse AIO on mine and it has worked. Some have gone so far as to use Menzerna. I've also used a Pinnacle Safe Scrub bug sponge with success.

Pitch Black
04-30-2008, 11:24 AM
I have a different manufacturer's clear bra. It recommends Plexus to clean it. I've used Klasse AIO on mine and it has worked. Some have gone so far as to use Menzerna. I've also used a Pinnacle Safe Scrub bug sponge with success.

I have heard of Plexus. I can’t seem to find it at any local stores. Is this something that I will have order off the internet? If I should happen to get some Plexus on the painted surface how will it affect it?

Does Plexus replace the need to apply polish/wax to the surfaces covered with the 3m material?

MadOzodi
04-30-2008, 12:41 PM
You can order it right here from Autogeek's store! It won't affect painted surfaces and I'd a wax or sealant to the 3m material. I wouldn't apply an abrasive polish to it by hand though. A lot of polishes aren't really polishes, just paint cleaners that have fillers or leave a protective layer.

Pitch Black
05-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Will the Plexus increase the shine of the 3m material? Does it leave any cloudiness behind? Sorry, for the questions but I have never used it. Any details that you could give me about it at all would be helpful.:D

Al-53
05-01-2008, 08:43 AM
it will leave a nice look..not a dull look....you can get it also at most motorcycle shops if you need it fast..they use it to clean the face shields on helmets....

also a cleaner wax it take it off most times...something like Mother's or Meg's color x will clean it

Al

Pitch Black
05-01-2008, 08:59 AM
it will leave a nice look..not a dull look....you can get it also at most motorcycle shops if you need it fast..they use it to clean the face shields on helmets....

also a cleaner wax it take it off most times...something like Mother's or Meg's color x will clean it

Al
I'm not sure I feel comfortable using a cleaner wax or something like color X on the clear bra. Wouldn't it scratch the 3m material?