PDA

View Full Version : Question: towels leaving lint on car…

Bobbykart
10-07-2023, 09:38 AM
Admit some towels are 10 years old, any tips on getting the lint out? Or time to buy more towels 😃

Eldorado2k
10-07-2023, 10:19 AM
Yea there’s no real use in trying to renew or fix towels that old if they’re no longer able to do a proper job. I replaced a couple of batches a while back and was blown away at the difference in the results. You owe it to yourself. Treat yourself to some new towels.

Bill D
10-07-2023, 10:22 AM
Use the old towels on wheel wells, tires, and the undercarriage. I don’t throw any away until they are absolutely soiled beyond belief.

DFB
10-08-2023, 06:37 AM
Yea there’s no real use in trying to renew or fix towels that old if they’re no longer able to do a proper job. I replaced a couple of batches a while back and was blown away at the difference in the results. You owe it to yourself. Treat yourself to some new towels.

This!

Towels are a consumable in my opinion. I don't mean that in a buy cheap and throw away mentality, just that towels have a service life. If the towels had become hydrophobic, then you can try soaking them in your microfiber detergent overnight, sometimes this revives them, other times it doesn't and that's your prompt to demote and replace. Once they start linting, that's it, there're done.

Bill D
10-08-2023, 06:55 AM
Well, they’re done in terms of use on paint. Like I said before, demote to other surfaces of the car

Eldorado2k
10-08-2023, 08:23 AM
The 1 good thing about microfiber towels is they’re resilient as heck. So like Bill D said, demote them for anything you’d never want to use your good towels for. They’re even useful around the house for dirty jobs like wiping down appliances, cleaning tools, etc.

Bobbykart
10-08-2023, 04:23 PM
Thanks all