PDA

View Full Version : What's the craziest detailing requests you've had???

Pages : [1] 2

DanaDetailingPros
09-30-2023, 07:59 PM
I just got a call for a detail today at 4pm. In the rain, for a Porsche that was going to a auto show tomorrow. I literally was so dumbfounded having to explain, first It's raining! And secondly my details range anywhere from 8 to 12 hours. SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST OUT OF THERE TREE:doh:

PaulMys
09-30-2023, 08:03 PM
I had a girl request a wax job when it was raining once.

Turns out it had nothing to do with her car though.

I ended up taking the job because times were hard.......... ;)

Dirty Harry
09-30-2023, 09:36 PM
I had a girl request a wax job when it was raining once.

Turns out it had nothing to do with her car though.

I ended up taking the job because times were hard.......... ;)

Did you achieve complete correction, or was there still hair on her back?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

PaulMys
09-30-2023, 09:40 PM
Did you achieve complete correction, or was there still hair on her back?

If you are thinking about a girls back, you need to be kicked off this forum, sir..

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirty Harry
09-30-2023, 09:51 PM
If you are thinking about a girls back, you need to be kicked off this forum, sir..

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno, you Yanks can be weird about some things [emoji23].

And sorry for derailing, OP. That is an extreme request. Some people just have no idea.

Klasse Act
10-01-2023, 05:07 AM
I just got a call for a detail today at 4pm. In the rain, for a Porsche that was going to a auto show tomorrow. I literally was so dumbfounded having to explain, first It's raining! And secondly my details range anywhere from 8 to 12 hours. SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST OUT OF THERE TREE:doh:"It's not personal...it's business"[emoji56]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Optimus Grime
10-01-2023, 09:19 AM
I got a call from a very nice lady. She wanted an interior detail but her main issue was the roaches. The car was supposedly rather clean, I actually believe her,
but there were roaches coming from somewhere.

There was also a guy with an 09 Accord. Never been washed nor had the interior been cleaned and the cloth seats were covered in heavy stains. Every inch of the exterior was oxidized and scratches galore. He wanted to put it on the market and his budget was $250.

oneheadlite
10-01-2023, 10:23 AM
I got a call from a very nice lady. She wanted an interior detail but her main issue was the roaches. The car was supposedly rather clean, I actually believe her,

There was also a guy with an 09 Accord. Never been washed nor had the interior been cleaned and the cloth seats were covered in heavy stains. Every inch of the exterior was oxidized and scratches galore. He wanted to put it on the market and his budget was $250.

For which door?

At that budget I think you only get to pick one…

Optimus Grime
10-01-2023, 12:40 PM
For which door?

At that budget I think you only get to pick one…

I need to make a list of clever replies like this when I’m presented with insanely low offers.

Klasse Act
10-01-2023, 04:54 PM
I told a guy $500 to detail an SLK55 AMG and never heard back, LOL[emoji39] A wash, mech/chem decon, single polish and ceramic coating and deep tire & wheel cleaning and tire dressing...I don't think that's out of line, I'm providing ALL the products[emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
10-01-2023, 05:21 PM

Roaches… 1 night after leaving the basketball game in downtown LA I decided to try ordering some food from what looked like a high class food truck. Japanese food and I was in a great mood so I figured I’d treat myself eh…

So I ordered my food and walked several blocks to where my car was parked to enjoy my food before driving home. But when I opened up the bag I was shocked to see a friggin roach run out the bag at high speed! Btw I hate insects and roaches might as well be the worst of all. How the hell am I supposed to deal with this? Lol.

Luckily the damn roach didn’t make it far because when I opened up the passenger door and grabbed my sweatshirt the roach flew out and onto the ground where I promptly stepped on it but I was pi$$ed!
Talk about ruining a meal. Lol.

Plus I had to walk maybe 1/3 of a mile back to the food truck to chew them out and get my money back.

I did my best to stay calm and not cause a scene but I came close when the girl behind the register suggested that the roach could’ve possibly already been inside my car?! I damn near lost it. Lol. I looked her dead in the eye and said, “my car is CLEAN”!!!

What an insult! Lol. She knew I wasn’t playing and immediately gave me my money back, but damn she made me even more mad when she said that.

chilly
10-01-2023, 05:46 PM
Roaches… 1 night after leaving the basketball game in downtown LA I decided to try ordering some food from what looked like a high class food truck. Japanese food and I was in a great mood so I figured I’d treat myself eh…

So I ordered my food and walked several blocks to where my car was parked to enjoy my food before driving home. But when I opened up the bag I was shocked to see a friggin roach run out the bag at high speed! Btw I hate insects and roaches might as well be the worst of all. How the hell am I supposed to deal with this? Lol.

Luckily the damn roach didn’t make it far because when I opened up the passenger door and grabbed my sweatshirt the roach flew out and onto the ground where I promptly stepped on it but I was pi$$ed!
Talk about ruining a meal. Lol.

Plus I had to walk maybe 1/3 of a mile back to the food truck to chew them out and get my money back.

I did my best to stay calm and not cause a scene but I came close when the girl behind the register suggested that the roach could’ve possibly already been inside my car?! I damn near lost it. Lol. I looked her dead in the eye and said, “my car is CLEAN”!!!

What an insult! Lol. She knew I wasn’t playing and immediately gave me my money back, but damn she made me even more mad when she said that.

Funny you brought that up, just this morning I noticed I left the strainer out of the kitchen sink last night and I thought to myself "uh oh, hope no centipedes got loose in the kitchen"

Then I remembered I was in Alaska, not Hawaii

:laughing:

Eldorado2k
10-01-2023, 06:10 PM
As far as special requests, I haven’t gotten anything I consider too weird. It’s usually just things I consider somewhat unnecessary such as removing the license plates to clean behind them, but in all those cases it’s already spotless behind them. Lol.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231001/970a347477c2906c290463acbca71eb7.jpeg

I make sure to always follow through with requests no matter what I may think, because I believe in giving the customer what they’re paying for. Such as this time when the customer asked me to remove the hubcaps and clean them on both sides. On a low mile Toyota Tacoma.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231001/c93193d00c3ebb4ceb9dc8c87d1fa3be.jpeg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231001/e9c539541c6188ea4535d9a9e718cf37.jpeg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231001/1b05b1670742e1062020a8b5e7d68478.jpeg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231001/8c585b6cf18c5e2f6be20900cb41ad2a.jpeg

I believe there’s no such thing as a silly or dumb request, as long as the customer’s paying, I’m more than willing to accept whatever they request for their car no questions asked.[emoji4]

Optimus Grime
10-01-2023, 07:53 PM
I was doing a maintenance wash on a vehicle I coated. Her car hadn’t been washed in 4 months and needed a deep cleaning to refresh the coating. I only charged her $60 to wash her SUV. In the middle of the wash she asked me to check out the guy around the corner who does an in and out for $60. She actually wanted me to vet the competition for her and she really thought I was going to do it.

Paul A.
10-03-2023, 10:21 AM
I was on my 3rd visit to do a kids BMW 3 series when he asked at the end if I could get the "swirls and scratches" out of his mom's black grand piano in the house!

Ummmm...no. (although at the time i had to think about it for a second or two).